Workflow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graham, May 10, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

When I am seeing a follow up patient I already have a list of established diagnoses on the left.

I think I should be able to right click on a diagnosis and bring up a menu of templates appropriate to that diagnosis so I don't have to search for them as we do now. But this means more setup work because one will have to allocate a diagnosis/ses to each template ...
  2. Graham

This is the purpose of the new context menu in the encounter editor.

3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I like this premise of easily accessible templates.
  4. Graham

This video shows the next context sensitive template menus

5. Graham

In thinking about this ... I don't it's going to work to select the template within the context menus. Because you can't preview the macro text as you could before.

6. Jason

Well. That's one issue. Certainly over time I could learn the template names easily and I would likely not make mistakes.

The bigger issue is these templates assume the patient has had the problem already and it is in their diagnoses list. What about new problems ?

Attached Files:

7. Graham

the context menu is to help speed up documentation with follow up patients.

But generally if you're documenting, you've already made the diagnosis so can add that first and then document.

8. Graham

If you want to pump out all 5 templates at once, you would use the "Visit" type of template.

9. Jason

I think the goal should be to document any problem speedily. I think making certain provisions for Chronic Disease Follow up is reasonable. I think this might work better for you following chronic RA patients.
  10. Graham

Yep, afterall this thread is about managing patients with established diagnoses.

11. Jason

Is there a way not dictating the templating scheme to the user ?

Just thinking out loud here.
  12. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]

I think I should be able to right click on a diagnosis and bring up a menu of templates appropriate to that diagnosis so I don't have to search for them as we do now. But this means more setup work because one will have to allocate a diagnosis/ses to each template ...

[/quote]

I think the setup should be that you are able to allocate more than one template per diagnosis.
  13. Graham

Like this you mean?

14. Jason

I think so.
  15. Graham

Latest version adds macro preview so that little problem is now overcome.

And you are now able to quickly jump to the macro editor as well ... leading to much more efficient template use.

I think I should add other categories to the context menu such as : procedures, investigations, imaging so that you don't have to move away from this tab
  16. Graham

Further progress ... part one of the video

17. Graham

And this video shows how to add a diagnosis to a template

18. Graham

Not that anyone would want to, but this shows the same template attached to the same diagnosis under 3 different ontologies.