Wikipublisher - trial

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, May 31, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I agree with this this approach wholeheartedly. I suggested a wiki format for storing information about the many employers (hundreds for my clinic) that we do business with at uc, keeping track of business name changes and the details about how each employer wants their occ med stuff done. US HealthWorks uses a private AS400/DB2 database for tracking and printing this stuff currently. It's not really flexible enough for everyone to quickly post updates (or track "possible" updates), so US HealthWorks uses a ton of email to communicate a lot of this stuff and it's grossly inefficient. Doesn't print worth anything, either. Wiki format that prints would be way cool for that, and a lot of other procedural stuff that needs to print.
  3. Graham

I think I managed to get dropbox working to backup my wiki .. a little tricky in text only mode.
    It says my pc running the pmwiki is linked to my account now, and I've set up a symbolic link in my .dropbox folder to there .. so let's see if it works!
  4. Graham

Finally got dropbox working .. seems I had to install inotify-tools
    My pmwiki is now replicating to S3 courtesy of dropbox
  5. Graham

This PC I'm hosting the pmwiki on seems a little flaky .. it can drop the internet connection at times and it's not clear to me why. Luckily I have dropbox working so I can restore everything if I need to. So, we should be good to go at starting some documentation of print quality.