Using a Paper SuperBill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

qilin, Can you describe how this works in your office ?
  2. qilin

qilin Member

Re: Using a Paper SuperBill

We have the most common neurology ICD9 and CPT codes printed on one sheet of paper - superbill. The receptionists will attach one to each patient's chart/intake papers. We circle the codes and give the superbill paper to the biller. I believe most practices do it this way.
  3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

You can just edit one of the assessment templates to put your own ICD9 codes there.
  4. qilin

qilin Member

I was thinking about that, but it only paste into the consult, not the diagnoses and superbill.

How do you add diagnosis in Manage Diagnoses window without using superbill to do a search? Only manually?
  5. Graham

This is the sample template in table format that may be provided with your Synapse installation. You would edit that to change it to your most common diagnoses and ICD9s.

When you click on the "Save" button, the diagnoses are transferred to your superbill, and into the consult. They are not inserted into the current diagnostic list because you may not want that.

Perhaps I should offer an option to copy diagnoses from the superbill into the current diagnostic list as well ??

[​IMG]
  6. Graham

In the Dx field, enter a few characters of the diagnosis you're looking for. Hit enter, and a popup appears.

If it's not there, you may have to increase the number of ICD9s in the icd9.r file as discussed earlier.
  7. qilin

qilin Member

Thanks Graham, I am aware of this template and I know I can create one for myself. I think it would be more useful if it also copies to diagnostic list - the reason I am not using it now is actually I noticed the it doesn't do that. The problem with icd9.r file is if it corrupts after I added all my new codes, I will have to start from scratch. A template saved on the server is better, and other people can share it too.

I would prefer template - diagnostic list approach. I don't put the codes in my consult letter. One problem I have with my papersuperbill now is when the patient come back for a follow up, I may not remember what code I used before and may assign a different code for similar diagnoses - not that it matters much regarding clinical care, but would be nice to be consistent.
  8. Graham

That's my standard disclaimer [H]
  9. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

How do you currently print this up ? From your billing program ? Can you attach a copy of one ?
  10. qilin

qilin Member

It's an MS Word file I made myself. I can email you a copy later.