This software needs a better installation procedure.

Discussion in 'Setup & Installation' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I followed the directions... the videos, etc. I ended up at a lot of dead links while trying to download files. And, when I ultimately got everything installed, it does nothing.

I think the installation procedure is too difficult guys. We docs aren't that bright... you need to have ONE program that does everything for the install, rather than these multiple programs from different sites.

Just a suggestion.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

You're probably correct - it would be nice to bundle everything up into a single install.

I'm surprised that there are dead links though. I think the best way to download the software is to use the download manager which has been tested and did not have any dead links. You can then install each package.

I take it the client connects to the demo server .... but you can't get the express server set up for your own use?? If you tell us what you're doing we can help resolve the installation problems, and hopefully improve the installation procedure/documentation.
  3. Graham

We now have a monolithic installer at http://www.synapsedirect.com/files/5/client/entry248.aspx
    for the client. One for the server is being built.

If you still have problems, please let us know ..
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been following the development of your software with great interest and am now finally ready to use it. When I click the "Synapse EMR Express Client Installation" link, I receive a message that I need .NET 2.0.50727, and that I can obtain it from the web. When I reach the .NET page, I am given a few options from which to choose. I presume I would need the x86 version (I'm installing on a laptop running Win XP Pro). Would you mind verifying?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert
  5. Graham

Hi Robert,

Synapse EMR does not itself use .NET, but the installer does. If you're running Pentium 4, or Athlon CPU, then x86 is the correct version of .NET.
  6. Graham

We have a new installer now, but it is not installing the MikTex software :(

We will have another version up soon.
  7. Graham

Actually, you can just download MikTeX from here
    <a HREF="/files/5/client/entry261.aspx">
    http://www.synapsedirect.com/files/5/client/entry261.aspx</a>

And that, in conjunction with the new installer, completes the client install.