Text added automatically by Synapse in consults

Discussion in 'Documentation & Training Resources' started by qilin, Mar 5, 2007.

1. qilin

qilin Member

I put in an MRA report like this:
    I saved the consult, and I got this:<blockquote>

MRA of Neck: <u>supple, carotids full and no bruits, no thyromegaly, no lymphadenopathy present, normal range of motion</u>
    Mild stenosis of the proximal right internal carotid artery. There is no hemodynamically significant stenosis of the left internal carotid artery.</blockquote>
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Check your macros.txt file and edit it to suit yourself.

neck: has been expanded to Neck: <u>supple, carotids full and no bruits, no thyromegaly, no lymphadenopathy present, normal range of motion</u>
  3. qilin

qilin Member

Got you. Thanks.
  4. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I previously suggested to Graham to disable these macros for problem cases such as this.

Q: Graham, how about commenting out all the macros, and then the users can turn them on as they feel they might use them.

5. Graham

If users are aware of the macros, they can just alter them to suit. I presume Qilin just didn't know about them.

Maybe make them less common ... eg. Neck: => Neck:: instead as the macro.

6. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

That would help.
  7. qilin

qilin Member

I didn't know them.

You are right, as long as users are aware, there should be no problem. Graham maybe we need a quick guide or help to list these not-so-easy-to-figure-out features, or is there one already?
  8. Graham

We have discussed these before .. but, unfortunately there is no good index of all these documents.