Synapse Boot times

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Jason, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Boot times are getting longer than previous.
    Synapse used to have the fastest boot times EVER !
    Now it has come back down to earth.

From hitting OK on the Login Screen to seeing the Ancillary Display popup (one of the last things to load ?) ... I time 20 seconds.

I am on a wired connection. I'll test a few more computers to see the boot times.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I think the problem is that it is accessing a web service which has slowed down ...
  3. Graham

I timed mine and it's 47 seconds .. but it's loading all the appointments, messages, results etc and generating a report ... it didn't use to do any of that hence the much faster load times in the past.
  4. Jason

I don't have any appointments.
    I have less than 50 messages.
    Results I have lots, but to save time I dont use it anymore.
    Lots of ticklers.

My Load time was just 40 seconds.
    It took 35 seconds to see Review List and then Messages load (they are the first to load).
    Vance, on his wireless connection is approximately 1 min.
    At times, it seems the boot up process times out (still seeing the spinning symbol at 5 minutes).

Is there any way to reduce the boot up time ?
    Can loading a few things be optional ? [Appointments, Results, Messages, Ticklers ]
    Can they be loaded when needed ?
  5. Jason

I cleared my review list on one PC, and then went over to another client.
    It booted in 7 seconds.
    The big difference was the time it took to boot the Review List.

Ideas ?

I can't seem to repeat the 8 second boot.
    Vance does report that boot times are slow (1 min) but randomly are back to normal (15 sec).
  6. Jason

Appointments - I dont have any.
    Messages - I have very very few.
    Results - It's loading the results ..... for what ? The results INBOX ? (I have lots of items here).
    If the Report is generated after the Dashboard loads, it is created almost instantly.

synapse.boot.time.35.seconds.jpg

Ideas ?
  7. Graham

I've done some profiling over the last few hours. After I hit enter to login, mine now takes 40 seconds to load remembering that my server is in the usa in the cloud, but yours is lan based. 15-20 seconds of this is for loading HPI configurations which I don't use as I don't use the detailed editor. So, looks like I can reduce the apparent load time by loading those only as needed or, perhaps after the GUI comes up.
  8. Graham

It turns out that those were negligible despite each of the reporting that they took about half a second. But since they were all being "multitasked" it was infact half a second for all of them. But I have managed to get the boot time down to 25 seconds from 40 now.
  9. Jason

Boot time 17 seconds for me.
    Great improvement.
    Thanks.
  10. qilin

qilin Member

15 seconds on my computer, much better, thanks too.
    Jason likes this.