spark lines

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Just a memo to remind me of this.

2. Graham

This is an example of some sparklines on the consult editor. I've shrunk the ticklers and hmg tables to allow these to fit in.

Sparklines are a way of condensing lots of information into a word sized graph. The red dot shows the position of the last value, and the text gives that value as well.

The gap from the last test to the end of the white box indicates that the patient has not been recently for a blood test.

Attached Files:

3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Sparklines - very cool. Kind of like mini-graphs.
  4. Graham

5. Graham

This image shows what happens when I click on the small sparkline. It brings up an enlarged version with the data in a window. Works for build 204.

Note that to get sparklines working, ESR and CRP must be using loinc codes, and for BMI, and BP, you need to have "BMI" and "Systolic" in the numeric measurements as type.

I am thinking of how to customize the displays so for a diabetic, you might display glucose, a patient on warfarin INRs etc.

Attached Files:

6. Graham

Hmm. I wonder if that is a tautology on the graph window title. Sparklines are graphs .. so calling it a sparkline graph ...
  7. Graham

I'm creating a tab on the consult editor that will display about 20 or more common results as sparklines.

These will initially be hard coded into the client, but later on, maybe I will allow users to customize their own.

So - suggestions please!

I need to know: name ( eg glucose ), display range ( eg. 0 to 60 mmol/l ), normal range ( 3.5 - 5 ) and loinc code if you know it.

and I'll code them in.

I can call glucose glucose-si for si units ?

8. Graham

I have now got the following minigraphs in beta-10 ( to be released )
    1. BMI
    2. DAS28
    3. ESR
    4. CRP
    5. Systolic BP
    6. Diastolic BP
    7. TINR
    8. HBA1c
    9. ALT
    10. AST
    11. WBC
    12. Glucose
    More to follow ....
  9. Jason

What about Yes or No sparklines for Pap Smears for the last XX years ?

I suppose that would be best handled another way.

What sparklines do I need ? Well .. if I could get XML labs it would expand greatly .. but otherwise.

Weight

BMI

Systolic BP

Diastolic BP

A1c

PSA

10. Graham

Starting from the 4 sparklines at the top right which number downwards 1 ... 4, the others on the graph page are 5 .. 12

Now on Custom/Normal Ranges .. you see a column named "Widget".

The idea is that shortly you will be able to specify which of those widgets will display which graph.
  11. Jason

I'd like MMSE (Mini Mental State Examination).
  12. Graham

and the details of this are?

13. Jason

Measures mental status.

it is a score out of 30.

That's about it. I would do the score on a form and then manually enter the numeric value.
  14. Graham

Further investigation reveals that a score of 24 and above is considered normal.

15. Graham

Beta-10 now has a total of 36 usable sparklines whereby you can now designate which variable to graph.

The image above shows the left half of the graph screen in the consult editor, and half of the graphs have yet to be assigned to a parameter.

Attached Files:

16. Graham

The sparklines as currently implemented mean that each user shares the same configuration.

It makes sense to allow users to configure the displays individually for each patient.

I'll think on how this might be done.

17. Jason

You'd probably want to populate the sparklines, based on their gender / age ? But allow the list to be changed on the fly.
  18. Graham

More likely based upon disease.

So, your patient is on warfarin, you might want the INR at the top right all the time.

For a diabetic, you might want the glucose and hba1c.