Search function

Discussion in 'Setup & Installation' started by kgmamman, Aug 20, 2007.

1. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Is it possible to search using diagnosis or SSN/NHI ?

Thanks
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

To search for a diagnosis, you need to have given your patients the correct diagnostic code. This is done automatically if you use the lookup ( on Read codes, ICD9 and 10. ).

So, to find all patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis N040. ( Read Code )

Go to Reports/Query/Build Query/Labs and Investigations

and enter N040. in the diagnosis code field, and then "Search".

When the search is complete, you can move to the Action tab, and print or export the results to Excel.

Sorry, there is no SSN/NHI lookup at present .. I guess I should add it.
  3. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

"Osteoarthritis" does not come up with any ICD9 codes. Actually a few orthopaedic diagnosis does not produce any ICD9 codes automatically. I must perhaps look at ICD9 codes in detail whether there are any. I do remember looking up in the past but "gave up".
  4. Graham

5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

in ICD ling osteoarthritis is osteoarthrosis

6. Graham

Deja vu - see http://synapsedirect.com/forums/thread/1227.aspx
  7. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

8. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

How does one do a "manual" search of a patient using ID alone. The reason I ask this is I do not have the required parameters for search i.e: name (first name and surname), SSN number, or DOB. The diganosis has also not been coded in. In this situation i presume I have no options but to pick up the entire list from patient number one to the last.
  9. Graham

You could use the reports to do a search on text inside a consultation if you remember something about the consult ...

10. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Found it on the first go. I just had to type in DDH which was part of the text.(Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip)
  11. Graham

Easy enough [:D]

You might want to also consider tagging consults ... as searching through free text is time consuming.