S3 file browsers

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Jerry, May 8, 2010.

1. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I discovered a couple of useful S3 file browsers in addition to S3 Organizer. Cloudberry S3 Explorer is freeware, and is more capable than S3 Organizer, I think. It's a stand alone app, doesn't run in a browser.

S3fm
    is a strictly web-based browser, so if you having issues with S3 Organizer, or are on a machine where you don't have access to S3 Organizer, it can be useful. Just need your Key ID and Secret ID, and you're off.

I've had some issues with S3 Organizer on Win7 with "The difference between the request time and the current time is too large". This is apparently a common S3 problem. Changing the time server on Win7 to time.nist.gov from the default time server and clicking the "Update Now" button to force resyncing time, then waiting awhile seemed to fix this problem.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

S3fm is one I have setup as a backup in case Firefox updates and the S3 organizer can not be used.

It's cute as it stores all the ajax and other files on S3 itself.
  3. qilin

qilin Member

Just noticed my S3 database bucket is empty. The REMR.fdb has not been backed up to S3. The cache-listener seems to be fine (20921 files on S3, 20939 files local). I've put the bucket name and keys in settings, what might be the cause?
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

5. qilin

qilin Member

You are right, I didn't know I need to install those, thanks.