Revamped APPTs tab

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Jason, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Ideas.

Still a work in progress.

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

It's pretty hard to see what's going on ....
  3. Jason

Yea.

I was trying to keep all the old stuff on there but change things.

Still working on it.

As well, I would like to message my secretary about Follow Ups or "Stuff to Book".

Sort of like the Control + P from chat.

Hmmm ...

I would like somewhere for the secretary to have a section "Appointments to Book" with two sections
    • (1) instant messages from me ... about patients in the office right now (Currently walking up to see her).
    • (2) appointments I have told her to book .. Re: Abnormal results, whatever.

Both of these would be very handy. #(2) might be OK in a popup. I would really like a real time feel to (1). Maybe a tweaked Synapse Chat ? I could give my secretarya thirdmonitor ... just for synapse chat, and she couldsee the message come up in realtime.

Attached Files:

4. Jason

I would like the ability to
    • Copy
    • Delete
    • Cut / Move
    • Paste

Appointments.

Maybe a
    • Cancelled Last Minute
    • No Show

Attached Files:

5. Jason

Just an FYI.

Here how many appts show up on my 22 inch widescreen LCD, sideways (portrait mode) ! 1024 X 1280

Bu Bye Scroll Bar !

Attached Files:

6. Jason

I think it is reasonable to assume that the "perfect monitor" for the scheduler will be a

1280 x 960, 19 inch monitor, in maximized window mode.

7. Graham

You can already cut/move appts.

8. Graham

I don't see why you would want more vertical space when you can already see all the appointments.

9. Jason

Well, that is the main goal.

A little wiggle room would be good [:)]
  10. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

[quote user="Jason"]

I would like somewhere for the secretary to have a section "Appointments to Book" with two sections
    • (1) instant messages from me ... about patients in the office right now (Currently walking up to see her).

[/quote]

I must be missing something. The message to the secretary looks like you could have just about as quickly made the followup appointment yourself. At our uc, it's really low-tech. I carry a regular old appointment book with me and appointment cards. Yes, I know, it's not exactly traditional for docs to do that, but hey, I can generally make appointments pretty quickly, and it saves a lot of confusion. Otherwise, patient has to walk up front, "Ah now what day did doc say?...Oh no, I can make it on that day, more messages back to me... "Ah doc, would 2 weeks on a Wed be OK? etc., etc., MA's or secretaries then transcribe the appointments into the PM software later, and hardcopies are made which are stuck into the appointment book. Our organization is nuts about tracking missed appointment statistics too. Having the doc make the appointment delivers a big message to the patient... "yes, I do expect you back here, it's important".
  11. Jason

[quote user="jparkdo"][quote user="Jason"]

[/quote]

I must be missing something. The message to the secretary looks like you could have just about as quickly made the followup appointment yourself. [/quote]

Actually with a good scheduler I think I will !

So no patients can call in and book appts ? Or they can, but there might be double booking ? Or does your receptionist interrupt you in a patient room and ask for the book ?

I think missed appointment tracking is important as well. I have been interviewing my staff about Appointment booking needs and I have been thinking about it as well.

Jerry, might you use a Synapse Appointment Scheduler if it was quite robust / met your needs ?
  12. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Now that I think about it, using synapse scheduler might be good. As I say, very low tech at uc currently, using both a real appointment book and an online scheduler. The online scheduler is hard to use, so less accurate than the book, mainly useful for administrative reports and automated reminder calls. I am driving towards using synapse client in exam rooms on a laptop or netbook, so, yes I would use synapse scheduler if it was easy to use and close at hand. I can't really say it's hard to use 'cause I haven't tried it in the field. Our scheduling needs are really pretty simple at uc, so I think the way it is would be fine. We combine walk-in patients with appointments all day, so each provider only gets 1-2 appointments per hour max.
  13. qilin

qilin Member

What aboutifSynapse can let you save window size and position? so you don't have to drag the window everytime you use it to get rid of the scroll bar.