R217 Betas

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Beta 31 5 May 2010

* New - after a new patient is added, you are now prompted to add the PCP

After too many teamviewer sessions looking at user installations I see too often that the PCP has not been allocated for the patient. So, this new build prompts the user to set the PCP after the patient has been added.
  2. Graham

I'm just reminded that some of my radiology reports come with dates like yyyy/mm/dd so I will have to add that as a date format ...
  3. Graham

Beta 32 6 May 2010

* New - the Provider ID ( blue, and underlined ) in People/Providers/health professional is now an active button, and will open the directory <paperport>\Providers\providerid with Windows Explorer
    * Bugfix - sending a message to another staff member crashed if there were no file attached
    * New - [Best image] in the image previewer now uses -quality 100 for tif to jpg conversion ( least lossless), and for pdf to jpg actually uses png instead to see if we can get a better image
  4. Graham

Beta 33 7 May 2010

* Bugfix - saving a scan with too many characters of metadata would silently crash the client. Now limited to 4k of text

If this is still too much text, let me know and I'll restrict it further.
  5. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I like the new pport-->Providers-->provider# feature. It's more simple to navigate than Deki Wiki with Synapse client as the "lookup". Deki Wiki looks to be more useful than I thought for public and private documents that fit a web-based hierarchical structure. I see the Synapse client Deki Wiki file uploader creates a Deki Wiki user with the same name as the logged in Synapse user, but the pages it creates are public until the user specifically makes them private.
  6. Graham

I believe there's a preference to make everything private by default in the wiki control panel.
  7. Graham

Beta 34 7 May 2010

* New - when looking at results, and also auto selecting a patient from the fax inbox, a restricted version of the chart is pulled with only the demographics and ticklers shown. The background changes to black as well as a graphic indicator. If you select the same patient from the cache, the full chart is then loaded. This needs testing.
  8. Graham

Beta 35 8 May 2010

* New - Added Hospital visit codes for the Superbill and consultation codes
    * New - In pan large image mode, you can now move thru all the images
    * Bugfix - crash on restoring a saved state now fixed
  9. Graham

Unless there are any bugs found ... beta 35 will be promoted to final.
  10. Graham

B36 9 May 2010

* New - Diagnoses in the add diagnoses screen are now sorted by most popular
    * new - in the functionl list "Display Superbill' is now renamed to "Superbill, Display"
  11. Graham

Beta 37 12 May 2010

* New - the DOS can now be set in the Superbill screen
    * New - added EIN, and SSN fields for the provider ( as well as mobile phone, fileid and medicaid # ) required for the CMS-1500 form
    * New - [Load Defaults] for the CMS-1500 form allows you to select a provider, and sets more fields including work status, marital status, physician npi, federal tax id number, provider location as long as they have been setup for the provider
  12. Graham

Beta 41 21 May 2010

* New - A CMS1500 form can now be created from the Superbill Applet. This then can print a data only page, or, a PDF with the CMS1500 form in red suitable for OCR

The data only PDF might be acceptable to companies such as OfficeAlly. Or, you could try printing it on to a real CMS1500 form.
  13. Graham

Beta 42 21 May 2010

* New - The ICD9 applet can now search on the ICD9 code itselft to show the diagnosis
  14. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Great!! This will be really helpful to me. The general rule of thumb has been to avoid XXX.9 (whatever it is, NOS) codes as insurers will tend to kick those codes out. Generally better to use XXX.8 (whatever it is, NEC). So, if I want to quickly find out what all exists in my icd9.r file for, say, 465, or 493 this new feature is very good. I just discovered that 493 lookup yields a bunch of asthma codes, but 493.81 is "Exercise-induced bronchospasm". Would not have found that with any part of a lookup on "asthma".
  15. Graham

Beta 43 26 May 2010

* New - You can import the insurance companies from EZclaims into your providers list
    * New - the CMS1500 form has a lookup for the insurance company ... you can no longer type this in directly

Do this from Settings/User/PMS tabs
  16. Graham

Beta 44 27 May 2010

* New - extends ticklers visible on the dashboard to those also due in 14 days

Let's see if this works for people ..
  17. Graham

Beta 45 28 May 2010

* New - saves Primary, Secondary insurance and fields 9d, 11c of the CMS1500 in user database
    * New - [Display Insurance] button on the insurance and cms1500 tabs
  18. Graham

Beta 46 5 June 2010

New - When you save a phone number in the demographics, a dash is inserted to format it if none is present
    New - this also applies to insurance policies, and ids
    New - the Feedback applet now prefills with your email address
    New - the HL7 import applet allows you to edit the name, dob and ID of the PID segment to reconcile incorrect HL7 results received from external sources
  19. Graham

Beta 47 6 June 2010

*Bugfix - downloading files from S3 using the Download S3 applet was broken
    *New - can now edit the gender as well in the HL7 import applet
  20. Graham

Build 217 final has now been posted.

Onwards to 218 betas!