R217 Betas

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Beta 18 18 Apr 2010

New - unemployed status for social history
    New - EGA ( estimated gestational age ) is now entered using the calculator widget
    New - the obstetric applet can now be assigned to a function key
  2. Graham

Beta 19 20 Apr 2010

* New - fast JPG preview of faxes ( TIFF, TIF, or G3 ) in fax inbox ( dual pages displayed )

This is how it works.

Say we have a multipage tiff in your cache-listener directory, named large-fax.tif. Then the Synapse client will request all the filenames like large-fax-0.jpg, large-fax-1.jpg ... etc. If they exist, the Synapse client will instead download the jpgs instead of the original tiff file.

At present we have a server process that processes scanned images and converts them into jpgs. If you don't host on EC2, you will have to do this yourself.

So, for instance you can write a script that calls imagemagick to turn your multipage tiffs into low resolution jpgs with the right naming pattern that is required for this to work.
  3. Graham

Beta 20 20 Apr 2010

Bugfix - paint freehand draw now allows discontinuous drawing

Previously if you used the freehand tool, you could not lift up your pen and draw elsewhere without connecting the two areas with a line. This is now fixed.
  4. Graham

Beta 21 25 Apr 2010

New - ability to stamp the fax previews with text, and then message staff with those annotations
    New - scans, and other attachments can be sent with messages to staff
    Requires server 69
  5. Graham

If you're using PDFs for your incoming faxes, you should switch to TIFF now ... to get the benefit of fax preview and image annotation.
  6. Graham

Beta 22 26 Apr 2010

New - will now attempt to get an image preview of PDFs ( but thumbnails are better with TIFF )
  7. Graham

Beta 24 28 Apr 2010

New - can now fax a thumbnail with annotations ( limited to the page being displayed ) directly from image preview screen
    New - can pan an enlarged image of the current thumbnail
    Bugifx - a date error appeared if you selected a dictation to transcribe and if there were no current patient selected
  8. Graham

This gives you the ability to view a fax, annotate it, and fax it right back to someone.

Currently however, the annotated fax will not be stored as a print image

The next step will be to allow users to draw freehand over the image to allow "signatures".
  9. Graham

Beta 25 1 May 2010

New - the original image can be downloaded and locally converted to give a higher res preview
    New - images can be rotated and set to either fit or to use aspect
    New - pan screen is now full screen
    New - text can be split into lines use ^/
    New - provider salutation and surname now shows in the Firefox page to allow NPI lookup
  10. Graham

Beta 26 is looking good and if there are no issues, will be the final in this series.

As noted above, TIFF gives better results for image previewing.
  11. Graham

Beta 26 2 May 2010

New - the image viewer should now be enabled on all screens which download a stored scan ( even from S3 )

The default behavior is that if there are no thumbs present, and the original file is in cache, then Synapse will convert it to Jpg rather than viewing in the browser as it has to date.
  12. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I'm getting a little odd behavior in the new fax viewer. I'm using two different single page test faxes. One I annotated with the viewer previously, the other I did not, but both still behave the same way. The first view is with the same page in both (right and left) viewer panes, and no annotations displayed. If I click the > page navigation button, the right hand pane page goes away, but now if there was an annotation, it is displayed in the left pane. If I click the < button to view the page in both panes again, the annotation is now displayed on both panes. Upon close and relaunch of the viewer, it does the same thing.

Even if I don't use the < and > navigation buttons, the page is displayed wide and squished initally. If I click Aspect/Fit to change to the correct view and click HIResImage, the HiResImage viewer doesn't launch until I click the "Pan Large"button.
  13. Graham

Do you want to send the tiff or pdf that you are having issues with?

Also I'm curious as to how you can display a single page in both panes ..
  14. Graham

And I wonder if you had a compressed hi-resolution tiff ... those can convert to a squashed image.
  15. Graham

Beta 27 2 May 2010

New - [Ink] button, and [Clear Ink] button on the image viewer. This allows you to sign a page with your stylus, or whatever, prior to faxing off. Ink is not currently saved.

Currently I do not allow you to choose a color, line width or style or other draw tools. This is just to allow you to sign something prior to faxing.
  16. Graham

Beta 28 3 May 2010

Bugfix - single page tifs converted to jpg with [Best Image] would show the image in both panes, now just left
    Bugfix - annotations would not immediately show after [Best Image] - fixed
    New - fetching unseen faxes is now faster as only returns part of the OCR text, and then other text as required
  17. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

This appears to fix the problems for me..annotations are saved between successive Synapse reboots, single page faxes display correctly, and I can view original in browser by clicking "orginal", but if I exit and relaunch the same fax, the jpg view comes up correctly. Wasn't doing that before.
  18. Graham

I changed it to default to fit rather than aspect.
  19. Graham

Beta 29 4 May 2010

Bugfix - SOAP mode was being corrupted by the change in beta 17. Now fixed.
  20. Graham

Beta 30 5 May 2010

New - the LED at the top left that alternates between green and red to indicate a network connection to the server is now changing to a steady green, with a second long flash of red when a ping is sent to the server. If the LED remains red, you have become disconnected.

So, this is now clearer .. green is working, red is not.