PBX planning / ideas

Discussion in 'Asterisk FreePBX PBX in a Flash' started by Jason, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Synapse + PIAF is so important ... I made a new forum.
    I think it could be fruitful to keep everyone informed of what you've been able to accomplish so far and brainstorm of what Synapse EHR users want in a Office PBX.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

There's only so much one can want from your PBX!

The only things I'm interested in currently are
    1. dialling out. Crazy for me to have to punch numbers in when they're on screen. And this is done with my test script.
    2. Callbacks ... my phone only rings if they first pick up. Done.
    3. Wakeup calls .. ie. calls set to go off in the future.
    I don't think I want to program in call reminders for patient appoinments.
  3. Jason

1. no brainer.
    2. no brainer.
    3. could be helpful.
    4. patient appointments reminders. - certainly could be useful if it was a targeted thing (for the chronic no show people). SMS reminders could work as well or better depending on the situation.
  4. Jason

Verify interest in influenza immunization and schedule it (via TeleYapper) (Press 1 if you want the flu shot, Press 2 if ...) [TeleYapper] .
  5. Jason

6. Jason

Answering Machine - forward to on call service depending on Time of Day and Do Not Disturb status.
  7. Jason

Convert Voicemails to Text and email / SMS / send to wherever needed, to whomever.
    Visual Voicemail (see the most important calls in a list).
  8. Jason

9. Jason

10. Jason

11. Jason

Logging conversations with patients over the phone as an extended part of their "Medical Record". (Document you called, when you called, how many times you attempted to call, etc.).
  12. Graham

[​IMG]
    The callback.cgi script is used to call the other party, and when they respond, make my extension ring. This uses asterisk call files.
    The call-both.cgi script originates a call from channel-extension. I pick up, and then the other party phone rings. This uses the asterisk manager API instead.

I use asterisk on a Hamachi VPN. Extension 101 is a 3CX softphone that runs on my laptop, so it can access the VPN. But physical IP phones work as well.

Make the appropriate settings and then "Save to Dropbox", and all your PCs will have access to these settings. Later they might be moved to the config file.
    Jason likes this.
  13. Graham

Here's the call-both.cgi script which should be saved to /var/www/cgi-bin/

http://synapsebeta.s3.amazonaws.com/call-both.cgi

If you want to use it, you'll need to modify the parse rules which define local calls, international calls etc. As it currently stands, the rules are for New Zealand.