Orders Tab in the Consult Editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

It's important to remember ....

I take it that the Orders tab is with respect to *EVERY* Order that meets the above definition. (ie. it is not just the orders done in the last three visits).

I think that ORDER tracking is ahandy feature. I'll have to think about which of my test ordering would be important to track. ie. ordering mammograms, ordering bone densities, ordering A1cs, etc.

I notice that tests ordered during the current consult don't show up until you close the consult editor and open the editor up again (ie. the orders tab doesn't refresh when clicking on it.).

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Yes, that is true.

Use the template and they will *all* be tracked.

The rationale is that the doc has a good enough short term memory to know what has been just ordered (!) .. and it is also pasted into the Plan part of the SOAP note.
  3. Jason

I knew you'd say that.

:) I just like the instant gratification of seeing it in there. :)
  4. Graham

So, should I change it to say that these are tests ordered in previous encounters??

5. Jason

Yea. I was thinking about that. Not a biggie.

I guess "Order Hx" wouldn't be much more text and would reflect it's true functionality.

:)
  6. Graham

I can easily change it to reflect the tests just ordered .. the question is, whether this needs to be done.

It's a use of network resources .. small as it may be. Or, you might say .. a premature optimization [8-|]
  7. Jason

The word used as the tab name:<u>Orders</u> .. conjured up for me the idea that I might do the ordering in that tab. When I looked at it, I figured I couldn't order from there .. so it must be a list of current orders .. .but that I need to order them from elsewhere. I then learned that the orders in that tab were from templates dealing with labs and certain test ordering. I then tried those templates, but was surprised the orders didn't show up there.

I then figured it was probably order history and I exited the consult and came back in .. and saw my orders in there.

Anyway... for the time being I say just call it Order Hx.

it's not a big thing ... especially as you say... the current orders are the in the text of the current Consult Note.

8. Jason

always an option :) [Refresh]

as i said, just call it Order Hx :)

Attached Files:

9. Graham

Done all those
    • Now named Order Hx
    • Has a refresh button