My favorites.r

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Jason, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

= before =
    "ramipril" ["2.5mg" "daily" "ram2"]
    "ramipril" ["5mg" "daily" "ram5"]
    "ramipril" ["10mg" "daily" "ram10"]
    "Tylenol #3" ["1-2 tabs" "po q4h prn" "Tyl3"]
    "Tylenol #2" ["1-2 tabs" "po q4h prn" "Tyl2"]

= today =
    "chlorthalidone" ["50mg" "1/4 tab daily" "chlorthalidone" "" ""]

Q: How do I add a shortcut for the medications popup ?
    Q: How do I use the new attachment icon [​IMG] ? Where do I put the shortcut ? ie. chlo5 ?

Attached Files:

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

The easiest way I know to make a new shortcut is to just type "!" in the drug search field. This will launch the Select a Favorite Applet blank. Then you can type in your new fav and save it.

I personally have abandoned favs like chlor25, because if you just make both the name and shortcut name of each chlorthalidone choice simply "chlorthalidone", when you search for !chlorthal or maybe just just !chlor the Select a Favorite applet will respond with a choice list of all favs that start with chlorthal or chlor and you just click on the one you want.

So, unless you have a ton of favs starting with chlor and scrolling through a list of them would be a drag, it's kinda pointless to make a fav of chlor25, unless you really do want to remember it as exactly chlor25.

The new "ribbon" icon is so you can save a drug-dose-sig you have searched for immediately to a fav without having to type it into the Select a Favorite Applet. Saves a lot of time for making new drugs into a fav.