Misfiling Result Scans

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Jerry, May 7, 2010.

1. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I fax patient results to myself from uc frequently now. Today, I misfiled one (patient with same last name as the correct one) and a second had 2 patient results included in the same fax - somehow I missed that when I faxed it from a pile of paper charts in my "real" physical inbox at uc.

So I'm investigating the methods in Synapse to fix this. I don't believe there is a "move" button to "move" the scan from the patient's results tab to the inbox.

I have to use an S3 file browser to get the incoming file names for the day, because the name in Synapse client for the offending faxes is just "Faximport". I can't download them directly with the S3 file browser, because the files are encrypted, have to use Synapse client to download the S3 files, so I"m just going to download all the files for today, use a tif viewer on the local machine and flip through them until I find the offending faxes, and put them back into the Synapse inbox.

Unless I missed something, this seems like a really long way around the horn to fix something that has simply been misfiled. Might it be possible to have a "move back to inbox" button on the patient results tab?

The issue of bursting an errant page off of a tif is likely going to require a dedicated graphic file manipulation program to fix....
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

In the patient's results/text results tab, right click on the misfiled scan, click on [Select Patient] and then click on [Update] to move to the correct patient.

As for scans that have been combined into one, download, delete it from the patient's results, split it using imagemagick or whatever, and then put back into inbox.