Loading ... in the right side shortcut area

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jason, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I am now getting loading .... in the box on the right side.

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Is this with a particular patient?

3. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

How long does the loading last? It's pretty short for me, like 2-3 sec per patient, but I worry it might take a lot longer for patients with a lot of stuff in their files. So far I only have about 250 patients in remr.fdb, so not sure if more patients will slow it down.
  4. Graham

I have 3000 patients in my Synapse, and it takes < 2 seconds for that panel to reappear.

It's not related to the number of patients, but to how much data is stored for a particular patient.

What happens is when you switch patients, I hide the right panel, and once all the data is loaded for that patient, I then redisplay it.

It never fails for me.

I don't know what Jason's issue is ...the fact that the panel does not reappear suggests that somewhere it never loads all the data for his patients.

So, to debug this, I need either access to his database, or, I need to write a log to trace all the functions that are invoked when you switch patients.

I need to know, if it only happens with some patients, or always on a particular workstation on a particular build.
  5. Jason

it's a screen size issue.

Synapse doesn't fit on alot of my monitors entirely, because of the large sidebars.

Attached Files:

6. Jason

It never loads.
  7. Graham

So, on a PC with 1280xn where loading disappears, and you switch down to 1152xn, then the loading fails??

I don't have a PC that will give this intermediate screen resolution.

On 1024x768, that panel is not supposed to even come up ... maybe I should do the same for 1152
  8. Graham

Ahh ... found a spare PC that supports this screen resolution.

And yes, it either shows no table there ... or just "loading .. "

9. Graham

Ok, fixed it ... it was there, just hiding at a size of 0!

This was the setting where the screen resolution was less than 1280. Now it will appear if the screen res is > 1024.