LivePC available

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

We have released a LivePC containing the Synapse EMR server and client in a virtual PC.

You need to download the Moka5 engine, and install it. If you wish to run the Synapse EMR LivePC from a USB drive that you can take anywhere with you, then choose the USB install option when installing the Moka5 engine. You'll need a 4Gb USB drive to allow for some expansion. A 8Gb drive would be even better.

Once Moka5 is installed, click on the Add New LivePC button, and browse to this address http://www.moka5.com/node/2232. Click on the download button. The Moka5 engine will then start the download. Depending upon how fast your internet connection is, it may take 20 mins, or a whole day, to download the LivePC.

Instructions are available at the download site, and in the readme.txt file on the desktop.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Here is where the readme is located once you install Synapse LivePC.

[​IMG]

This is a better thread to discuss the LivePC:<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">

Synapse's LiveCD http://synapsedirect.com/forums/thread/5373.aspx</h4>
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Leading the pack (... as usual [;)] )

Attached Files:

4. Graham

If there are no current major issues with the linux synapse, I'll update the LivePC with the latest version.

5. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Everything is good so far after your latest fixes.
  6. Graham

There is a problem with updating the LivePC. I'm guessing the moka5 new site and software is responsible.

I'll look at writing an upgrade script that does it automatically for everyone.

7. Graham

8. Graham

You may need to run this from a console as admin

eg. sudo ./upgrade-synapse-livepc

and use the password m5 when prompted.