List of patient's medications

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, May 29, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Re: Medication favorites

I would love some Medication Favo(u)rites. As I ramp up Synapse Prescribing I'll be able to see what could help me work faster.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Try beta-11 ...
  3. Jason

Bug: [Add]ing the medication doesn't stick unless you [USE] it as well. I would have thought that [Add] means it will be added to the Favourites, such that I could close the window, search for the drug I just added, and it would be there. Especially to start off, I want to [Add] all my drugs, but dont want to [USE] them, yet !

4. Graham

It was saving the drug as a blank!

Fixed hopefully in B12

5. Jason

What is the status ?

Attached Files:

6. Graham

That's the status of a drug within the FDA database ...

ie. whether active or discontinued &c
  7. Jason

New Med History button ...

Attached Files:

8. Jason

This button on the Tylenol #3 popup wouldn't be helpful as Synapse's Medication History, is focussed on when drugs are started stopped or doses changes. It's not a Mitte and Repeat tracker. That would be a Prescription History, another beast altogether.

So In the image above, it would link to a Prescription History, not a drug history.
  9. Jason

This should be tackled.

Some of my patients will have 20 stopped medications. I need access to a list of drugs they had ALLERGIC / SEVERE reactions to. "Allergies and Old" medications isn't thorough enough.
  10. Jason

[quote user="Jason"]

This should be tackled.

Some of my patients will have 20 stopped medications. I need access to a list of drugs they had ALLERGIC / SEVERE reactions to. "Allergies and Old" medications isn't thorough enough.

[/quote]

When is this going to be tackled? Workarounds for such an important issue seems like a poor idea.

It has to be done some time, how about now.
  11. Jason

[quote user="jparkdo"][quote user="Jason"]

oops, forgot to post this.

Superior Medication Management is what EMR is all about. Throw in a portal and you should be able to do wonderful things. The biggest limitation with the medications thus far is the inability to differentiate between "Allergies" and "Discontinued Medications". Some patients came to me with a list of 5 allergies, over the last 5 years we have discontinued 5 medications, so there list has 10 entries. Some times I would like to just send a list of the patient's "true" "allergies".

Allergies (defined to me as medications the patient should never have again)(not just Meds that increase the IgE [;)] and cause swelling/rash ). This is different from D/Cing an SSRI to attempt the trial at another one.

I would also like to assign a provider for most medications. The patient needs to remember that I don't prescribe Remicade and their good rheumatologist should do that.

[/quote]

I agree, the medication list should be able to easily differentiate allergies vs adverse reactions. Unless working in a solo environment, the medication list has to easily display the prescriber, and if an MA or RN is given the task of some routine refills it should reflect which ancillary staff actually faxed or printed the refill. Can this be done currently with a custom SQL report?

[/quote]

How about tackling the "ALLERGIES" vs. Discontinued / Adverse Reaction / Temporary drugs.

Some ideas here: http://synapsedirect.com/forums/thread/7239.aspx

12. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]

Graham wrote the following post at May 29, 2007 7:49 PM:

I think I need to add this functionality, which I can then hand to the patient.

[/quote]

Good idea.

13. Graham

That was done ages ago.

Patients/Consults/Docs - select PS Current Medications

Latin abbreviations are expanded to english.
  14. Jason

Hidden !

Looks pretty good :)

I'll have to research it more.

Attached Files: