Initial issues

Discussion in 'Setup & Installation' started by vtpaindoc, Jun 22, 2008.

1. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

Giving this baby a test-drive and have Some Problems.

I've downloaded the most recent server and I'm still told that "my beta version is too old. check website". Did this, same thing.

then tried the Synapse server: "Acquiring encrypted tcp channels..." and does nothing else.

1) Is the Synapse server down?

2) What's up with the server download for my machine ...I've Never been able to load the server Control Panel. I'll want it on a machine in my office rather than remotely.

Thames for your help...
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Hi

The demo server is offline.

As for the downloadable server, replace the synapse-server.exe with the one downloadable from the beta site in my signature. That should do it.

3. Graham

I've setup another demo server

address: www.compkarori.co.nz:8016

user: Guest password: Guest
  4. Graham

A video here to show how to login to the new demo server.

5. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

Thanks Mate.

I'll give it a spin later. About the server download, just to confirm, that Would be R84B7 (934.37 KB) dated 2 June 2080?
  6. Graham

How about 72 years earlier [;)]
  7. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Since when ?
  8. Graham

Only found about it today when vtpaindoc reported it.

9. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

At first time log on with a server machine in my office, are the username and Password for client the same as for this Website? I still get the same message.
  10. Graham

11. Graham

We also offer a remote installation fee based service if you can provide temporary remote desktop access to your server.

Installation takes about 15 mins, but configuring all the settings takes another hour or so.
  12. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

Please disregard random caps; ink to text quirk on a tablet PC...

Makes sense (D'oh!). I'll Play tomorrow @ the office.

Next question: I've been reviewing the forums and will start playing with templates. As an Interventional Pain DOC my Practice is very procedure Oriented; I have procedure templates constructed in my current EMR. I currently attach one of these to encounters when indicated. What's the best way to do this in Synapse?

1) Import these Text documents.

2) Create synapse Templates with appropriate radio buttons for laterality/ Needle size/level.

3) ?
  13. Graham

Can you attach a PDF of one of these templates? Then I can let you know what I think is easiest.

14. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

In the morning then (mine of course).
  15. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

1) system administrator needs to give me permission to attach files.

2) For multiple users, R.N., Medical assistant, reception, should they all have unique user names? How do I set this up?
  16. Graham

1. I've added the permissions to attach files for registered users. Try again.
    2. Yes. See People/Staff tab
  17. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

Graham.

I include 2 examples of my procedure templates; I have these set up individually for LEFT, right L4, L5 etc. might be easier to have drop down options for laterality etc.

Attached Files:

18. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

second example

Attached Files:

19. Graham

These types of forms where there are lots of text and only a few additions/choices are best done using a text replacement scheme rather than a GUI template.

And much simpler too.
  20. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

I have been perusing the forums and did come across and bookmark the appropriate thread. I'm going to start Constructing templates and macros.

thanks for the timely responses.