importing x.ray/clinical pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kgmamman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

How does one import an x.ray or other pictures (non-scanned). I tried from results - add new - open a browse window by clicking on the icon to the right of "last scan" and choosing a file (jpeg)- synapse import. I get the msg " Test date format error".
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I tried it and got the same error message you got.

The error message is not descriptive enough.

Issues:

On this client I did not have a scan directory set. My secretary does all that. So when I clicked on the "EYE" to find a .jpg to import I got the message:

>>> You need to configure the scan directory settings in Settings.

I'd prefer (1) that warning message came up ... but that it just actually started in the root synapse dir. This would give first timers the ability to attach files but would warn them to make a defined scan dir.

To avoid the "Test Date format error" .... you just need to fill in legit values for the date/result type/description !

This error should be more descriptive: "Test Date format error" should be changed to "Please fill in the Clinician, Test Date, Result Type and Description".

• Error: The first three fields must be filled in: (note this should be changed to 4, not 3)

This error occurs when you do not have all 4 fields filled in.

(1)For: (the clinician)(or whomever)

(2) Test Date:
    (3) Result Type:
    (4) Description:

I did see the cool popup if you left out the Clinician :)

Hope that Helps.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I tried it and got the same error message you got.

The error message is not descriptive enough.

Issues:

On this client I did not have a scan directory set. My secretary does all that. So when I clicked on the "EYE" to find a .jpg to import I got the message:

>>> You need to configure the scan directory settings in Settings.

I'd prefer (1) that warning message came up ... but that it just actually started in the root synapse dir. This would give first timers the ability to attach files but would warn them to make a defined scan dir.

To avoid the "Test Date format error" .... you just need to fill in legit values for the date/result type/description !

This error should be more descriptive: "Test Date format error" should be changed to "Please fill in the Clinician, Test Date, Result Type and Description".

• Error: The first three fields must be filled in: (note this should be changed to 4, not 3)

This error occurs when you do not have all 4 fields filled in.

(1)For: (the clinician)(or whomever)

(2) Test Date:
    (3) Result Type:
    (4) Description:

I did see the cool popup if you left out the Clinician :)

Hope that Helps.
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

This thread http://synapsedirect.com/forums/thread/184.aspx talks about scanning, but it has changed a bit since then.
  5. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Fixed in Beta 20

Use a mapped directory so that you can see how much work is to be done.

Done in beta-20
  6. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Its all nice and clear now and working well. Thanks