Hylafax

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

It looks like I can create my own Hylafax client using a modified ftp protocol ... so that I don't have to use sendfax, and faxstat ... so this gives interesting possibilties.

BTW, you can see the ftp protocol in action by doing this

faxstat -v

which does a ftp trace.
  2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I'm assuming that the new Hylafax ftp client has to be able to access a functional domain name on the Hylafax server to connect to it?
  3. Graham

Just an IP address ...
  4. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Would there be a way to make script that works like faximport, but to sendfax? I'm thinking that for those (like me) that are blocked from hamachi or other ways of connecting by IP address to their hylafax server, maybe they could use a Google App or some other website act as a proxy to receive a fax via ftp, then have the faxexport script send it to their hylafax server. Maybe the script could be a java script or something?
  5. Graham

Once I determine how the ftp client protocol, currently undocumented, works, it might be possible to ask the server to send the fax via Hamachi to your server.
  6. Graham

I've managed to get my new client to send a fax via TCP/IP ... so I need to find out if I can run it as a CGI script.

In which case, this would work for you ...
  7. Graham

8. alpesh

alpesh New Member

jerry u can use logmein to login to pc remotely for those rare times when u need to see the one fax which u couldnt get to. i use ringcentral which send a copy to my gmail acct which is in pdf and then i read the faxes.