Have next appointment date and time print on the consult?

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Jerry, May 12, 2010.

1. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Might it be possible to have the patient's next appointment date and time print to the consult note, just like the option to have a prescription(s) printed to the consult note? Having an acroform $var for the next appointment date and time would be most helpful as well. This is required on all of our WC / UC templates, and it would be good to only have to "write it once".
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

How does that work?
    You see the patient, and send them off to make the appointment which at this time you don't have ...

This means you have to go back and enter this in?
  3. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

The next appointment date is a "required" blank on our US HealthWorks worker comp templates (required, unless you discharge the patient, of course). I make these appointments on the spot, before the patient leaves after a daily consult, using an old-fashioned appointment book. Now that I'm using a laptop in the patient room, it's easy to do in Synapse too. Other providers have the staff schedule an appointment after they walk out of the room, but to me that is inefficient. Provider says, schedule for about 10-14 days, then they have to chase an MA or receptionist down, find a date that appears to work, chase me down to make sure that's going to work, I still have to enter the date in the daily template note, so now I'm chasing them down to find out what the date was, etc. Way easier for me to just decide the date right now and schedule it as they are leaving. These are worker compensation cases so follow-up exam is required.
  4. Graham

That's going to present some difficulties as the next appt date is obtained by running a report ...
  5. alpesh

alpesh New Member

maybe during fu

when u say fu in 2-3 wks is selected in superbill that could go there that way its still vague enough but yet pt know they have to be there in two wks
  6. Graham

Looks like his employers want a date and not just "2 weeks" .... part of their insurance I guess to make sure patient does come back.