Final client 212 and server 82

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Client 212 final which needs server 82 are now both up for download.

Changes are detailed here and here.

The auto-filing system has yet to be completed due to time constraints, and the need to release new final builds.

Feedback is essential.

Thank you.

2. Graham

If you wish to make use of the new chronic disease views, and autofiling, you need to also update the database with new data after you have upgraded your servers with the database update tool.

This tool must be run on the PC running the synapse-server. It won't matter if it is run more than once.
  3. qilin

qilin Member

I print with [Fax] - [PS viewer] buttons now. [Local PDF] button returned this message: "Failed to create the pdf. System call failed with return code of 1 Is Ghostscript installed correctly?" [PDF browser] button in PS print dialogue window returned error: "Failed to print. Batch file failed with return code of 1". I have Ghostscript installed both locally and on the server.
  4. Graham

5. qilin

qilin Member

Fixed, thanks
  6. Graham

What now happens is that when you use the "Server PDF" button, you
    • create the PDF locally in the client PC
    • the PDF browser is invoked to view the PDF
    • and at the same time, the PDF is uploaded for storage on the server so that a permanent print record is available
  7. qilin

qilin Member

Did you mean [Local PDF] button?
  8. Graham

9. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Is R212 B30 the final or is there a seperate download link to client 212 final?
  10. Graham

Any earlier client should offer to update itself to the latest client automatically if you have internet access at the time you start it up. I.E. it checks for an update, should find it, and then brings up a message etc.

Otherwise, try this http://synapsedirect.com/files/folders/client/entry1127.aspx
  11. Graham

Or, you could just move onto R213B1 ....

12. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Its just that i like to save the final versions on a CD. The download link worked. Btw sitting in India I can sign in to my records in Brunei which is only 6000miles !!. I wonder what the maximum attempted distance is?
  13. Graham

Well, distance is measured in hops between relay stations ... so bit difficult to assess. But as long as your internet connection is fast enough, with no big latency, distance is really not that relevant [:)]