EZClaim import and integration interface

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoelM, Sep 10, 2007.

1. JoelM

JoelM New Member

I see there is a download of EZClaims database.... is there any interface to this software? import of client data?

Thanks,

JoelM
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I think we looked at this, but since none of our customers was using EZClaims .. didn't pursue it in the end.

If you are, we can take a look at it again.
  3. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Graham,

We do use EZClaim for our billing directly to medicaid as well as printing our HCFA1500's. We are a Home Health Care company and I have been looking for a good open source EMR program for years now, playing with Freemed, OpenEMR, and a few others. I just found Synapse on an open source med software list and from what I see so far looks GREAT!!. We wont use most of the medical stuff as most of what we do is home health aid (HHA) related, but there isNOTHING out there for the home healthcare company. We need demographics, insurance info, and the ability to track visits and keep case notes. We also need to scan in documents related to each client.

All of our client base is in EZClaim which is an Access Database.... if there were an import utility, that would save me hours and hours of retyping... but even better if they interfaced...

What does the premium version cost ?

Thanks for all the help!!

Joel M
  4. Graham

Hi Joel

The premium version is $50/month per medical provider ( not user ) if self hosted, or $100/month if we host it for you.

If it's just an Access database, I'm guessing it should be fairly straight forward for us to write an import utility. I would have to look a bit more if an interface needed to be done, but since others have done so I'm assuming it wouldn't take too long.

Cheers,
  5. JoelM

JoelM New Member

OK... sounds great... would it be possible to have one database update the other? I would be more than happy to pay the 50 a month if the software could work for us...

On another note... all of our " in home personal care attendants " (PCA's) are considered providers according to Dept Human Services here in Minnesota... we use a provider number for each person when we bill for services... this will not create a licensing problem will it? We have around 180+ employees and software would not be justified if we had to pay for each employee as a provider....

Please let me know if the EZClaim integration import and interface is possible as we would like to get started ASAP

Thanks,

JoelM
  6. Graham

I guess the simplest way would be for Synapse to read the Access database and update the demographics or whatever that was required.

Ok, technically each is a provider but clearly this is not a viable proposition.
    How many PCs are we talking about? Perhaps a per PC license is more appropriate in this instance?

I'll have to download the software again to investigate. Ping me in a week to see how I'm getting on ! [:D]
  7. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Technically we are the only provider... I hold the License from the state, but last year the DHS guys at the state decided that it was too hard to keep track of our PCA's time... (too much fraud in double billing) so they gave each PCA a number so they could track them better and see we really had employees.... BUT, we are the only License holder with the State of MN. We are the only one allowed to submit billing for our services....

BTW.... why does the paperport button disappear when I click it.... is it only functional in Premium version?

Thanks,

JoelM
  8. Graham

Probably because you don't have the right security rights. It should work for clinicians and admin.

Regarding providers etc, rather than asking that everyone who has a login pays a license like many other EMR systems, we have tried to be reasonable and ask that users who provide services which they document ie. a provider of services pays a license. This doesn't quite suit your circumstance, and perhaps on a PC basis might be more appropriate. But, we are flexible.

9. Graham

I remember now why that database was there. I had previously downloaded EZclaims software and installed it, but it created a database table that it could not use itself, and that I could not access. So, this one was uploaded so I could examine the table.

I created a virtual Pc running windows 2000 and installed the software, and this time there was no problem. All the data is in a file called ezdata.mdb ... I guess it's a couple of hours work to write a utility to bring the patient demographics across to Synapse EMR.

After that I'm not sure I know enough about billing at this time to take superbill data from Synapse to EZclaims ...
  10. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Graham,

Im not interested in having synapse send superbill data, (whatever that is). I was only thinking demographics, but if i had an import utility, Intake could add them to EZClaim, export to a txt file, and import to synapse... I can send you an export file that has all the data separated by "","" ... they are just out of order and some extra info is included... would that help? How much is this going to cost... 2 hours at ???

Thanks,

JoelM
  11. Graham

I was imagining a utility that ran on the PC running EZClaims, and polling the database every 5 mins or so. If it found any changes, it would then connect to the Synapse database using ODBC and update the demographics, or add any new patients.

Sure, send me some sample data ...

Cost for my time in writing the utility - about $200 all up.
  12. Graham

Well, it took the whole day to write the first pass ... instructions here.

All it currently does in it's first version is to transfer all your EZclaims patients to Synapse. It does not do any updating after that.

The EZData.mdb file has a ChangeDate field in the Patient Table, but it's not in a date format that I recognize. If someone knows how this field works, I can look at improving the program to also do automatic updating when patient details are changed within EZClaims.

Otherwise I'm going to have to alter the Synapse patient tables to also include this value, and check to see if it changes which is much less efficient.
  13. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

<h2 class="editable">EZSync - love the name :)</h2>

14. Graham

Got a newer version that will now update all the patients if there is a change .. but it does go thru all the EZClaims patients and does a comparison to see if the changes are needed [:(]

Need to get to my virtual PC to run some testing on it first....

15. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Just ran on my database... looks as though it imported all our clients... did miss a few items... 1st is the State... all of our clients are in MN (Minnesota), didnt add anything there... 2nd is the Insurance information... could read primary and add PMI number (insurance id)for each client... otherwise it worked GREAT!!!

Would it be really hard for me to customize the tab that reads Photo &amp; Partner &amp; Employer to read Photo-Resp Party-Employer

Thanks a million Graham...

Joel M

16. Graham

Hi Joel

Glad to see it largely worked!

Ahh ... missed the State, will add that for the next version.

As for the insurance, I didn't realize that you wanted that as well. Which fields on the Patients/Details/Insurance need to be populated, and where do I get them from. Can you upload a screen shot of the EZClaims screen and circle the ones you want.

As for renaming tabs, it might be possible using the dictionary locale feature .. which allows you to change the fixed text to something else. Intended for foreign languages but would work for this purpose.

17. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Sorry Graham,

Just saw this post.... I will get you that information today when I get to the office...

I just ran the newest release of the EZClaim import and this is part of the logfile... it is much longer and there are 10 errors on records like the one below

20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Ashleigh C Scxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Virginia J Lxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Joyce A Hxxxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Manfred Oxxxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Thomas J Nxxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Mary J Bxxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 Updated patient Catherine B Gxxxxxx
    20-Sep-2007/8:19:37-5:00 failed to write patient record 2587
    make object! [
    code: 329
    type: 'script
    id: 'bad-bad
    arg1: "ODBC"
    arg2: {[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length}
    arg3: none
    near: [insert t-port [{insert into users (userid, fnames, surname, gender, dob, salut, reminder, answer, pass, occupation, ethnic, ssn, street1, street2, town, city, state, zip, security, workph, homeph, cellph, email, altcontact, altph, relation, location, activ, cpmsid ) values ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? , ?, ? ) }
    userid fnames surname gender dob salut "" "" pass occupation ethnic ssn street1 street2 town
    city state zip 0 workph homeph cellph email altcontact altph relation location activ cpmsid
    ]]
    where: 'update-synapse
    ]

18. Graham

This error suggests that there is a string mismatch - ie. one of the fields in EZData won't fit into the space allocated in the Synapse tables.

Guess I need to see the record that caused the problem ...
  19. Graham

BTW, are you using EZClaim advanced or basic? The bug I found in EZClaim basic is apparently fixed in advanced.
  20. JoelM

JoelM New Member

Advanced....

not sure I can send the data... without violating Hipaa all over the place...but I did notice while moving data over from paperport there are a few clients who's info is not there...

The error logs show 10 I believe not processed...

JoelM