Client crashed when accessing one patient

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by qilin, Apr 27, 2009.

1. qilin

qilin Member

this is the message

make object! [
    code: 305
    type: 'script
    id: 'invalid-arg
    arg1: ""
    arg2: none
    arg3: none
    near: [tmp: to date! :value
    if
    ]
    where: 'to-date
    ]27-Apr-2009 11:53:13 Caret trap password origin: 2x2
    margin: 2x2
    indent: 0x0
    tabs: 0
    wrap?: false
    scroll: 0x0

Noticed DOB was listed as "none" for this patienton search page. I had to delete synapse-state.r file to be able to use the Client again. Don't know how this happened. Any suggestion how to fix it?
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Looks like faulty data is being sent to the client ... suggest you do a backup and make sure that your remr.fdb is intact. Use the Firebird backup option in Settings. And then examine the log.

If that's okay, you'll need to use Access or something to fix the patient's dob.

3. qilin

qilin Member

Back up went fine, couldn't find anything obvious in the log file. When using Access to access the Users table, that patient's DOB is there and was put in correctly, when trying to edit, I got this message: "The data has been changed. Another user edited this record and saved the changes before you attempted to save your changes. Re-edit the record".
  4. Graham

Well, I don't know Access but maybe you have to close synapse-server down before you use Access ?

Does all the rest of this patient's demographics look okay?
  5. Graham

I've released a B42 client that traps date conversion errors and produces a console with the error. The invalid date is changed to today's date hopefully allowing you to fix the error.

The error message is a console one rather than a GUI as usual as you might possibly have lots of date errors and that would create far too many issues popping up a lot of windows.

Ideally I would prefer to login to your server with your credentials so I can see why this error is occuring as if the dob is valid on the server, we should not see any errors in the client. I note also that someone else reported a similar issue a few days ago.
  6. qilin

qilin Member

The new beta did not fix the problem.

7. Graham

User and password don't work.

also which patient is it ... please pm me.
  8. qilin

qilin Member

I noted I can see the patient's DOB in Access but it's a wrong DOB. I recall the day I added that patient myself. I was distracted and wasin a hurry leaving. I might have shut down the computer without finishing/saving the record, which might have have caused corruption of that record.
  9. Graham

I suspect you do have some database corruption as the dob field is a date type, and Nulls are not allowed. Shutting the client down should not cause corruption on the server.

I would suggest once you have finished today, backup and then restore from the backup you just made.. That should fix any db errors, or at least alert you to any.

In the meantime I have uploaded B43 to catch the null date as it comes in, and changes it. I have also amended that patient's date of birth using the B43 client.

10. qilin

qilin Member

Thanks a lot Graham. Will do as you suggested.