Client 216 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Re: Client betas

How is this "live" feature work.

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

If you are using the default macros.txt file, then just type anywhere ( any text field )

A:<space>

and it will automagically expand to

ASSESSMENT:<space>

The space triggers the macro expansion.

3. Graham

4. Jason

That works as I thought.

I use this macro function daily - I have some autohotkey scripts that perform these functions in any program I am in.

I was unaware synapse had any of this "Live" type processing ... I don't know the technical name.

Is this a rebol upgrade ?

can you explain this technology more (what is possible and not possible) ?

Forinstance, after a text expansion ... can it trigger an AutoHotkey script if there is a *xxxx* ? I've always wanted inline picklists.

[​IMG]

see http://synapsedirect.com/forums/thread/3105.aspx

5. Graham

I added it.

Don't understand.

6. Graham

You want to popup a choice menu which is triggered by a macro.

At this time I can not do this as I can not accurately place the menu where the cursor is ...

7. Jason

My Autohotkey would handle the location (I would be able to place it relative to where the cursor is).

in the macros.txt file .. what does the ^/ accomplish ?

If I put one macro per line (a good idea) ... can I do away with the ^/ ?
  8. Jason

Ideas why

ros:

Neuro:

don't work ? / ie dont expand.

Attached Files:

9. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

^/ is the code for newline. Graham says he puts some stuff in macro.txt using ^/ as a demo, for example, typing in gu: would expand to GU: and everything after it including the ^/ stuff (which does make the text after it start on a newline) until it hits the next colon. That's probable why your format of ros: R-O-S: isn't working. Graham says bad idea to use recursive ros: ros: format at it will force an endless loop.
  10. Graham

The following can not be used:

"ROS:" "chest:" "General:" "HEENT:" "abdomen:" "neuro:" "G:" "H:" "C:" "Abdo:"

as they are used for other purposes ( the detailed exam )

If you want multi-line macros, enclose with a {this is^/on another line}

11. Graham

I think I shall remove the macro expansion on saving the consult now ... any objections?

12. Jason

Removing it is a great idea.
  13. Graham

<h2 style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R216B67 24 Nov 2009</h2><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - macros are no longer expanded on saving encounters<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - handy editor from the functions list<li style="line-height: 1.25">bugfix - the function list scrollbar was hidden, and now revealed[/list]the reason some of the macros eg. ROS: can not be used was that these abbreviations were used by the detailed examination. So, they were then expanded on saving which is not what was wanted.Since the expansion no longer happens on saving, I could allow them again ....
  14. Graham

Now here's an interesting anti-gui thought ... should a keyboard macro be allowed to trigger a GUI function?

So, if I were to type vi:<space> ( instead of using the function key for this ), up would pop the vitals applet.

Or, say I typed

mammogram 2008 nl x:

then mammogram 2008 normal would be inserted into the results ....

Very anti-GUI ....

15. Jason

It's a command line NIX vs. Windows argument.

Of course, Windows administration has made moves towards using command lines as well.

the medication shortcuts are an example of rejecting the GUI.

Google Wave would be an anti-GUI EMR.

Command line could be good for certain tasks ... like printing imaging requests (bone density).

We've already done a good job of things like adding the last 5 CBC results to the consult note via the command line.

as for vi:<space> ... I don't think that is all that helpful.

mammogram 2008 nl x: - if this inserted a result in the patient's results ... that would be helpful. I would use that to enter important imaging results (i.e normal colonoscopy). for results I dont have (new patients, with no old records) and things like PSAs. I am sure there are lots of possible examples.

That being said, I have lots of higher yield changes than that. For your command line idea .. one thing that helps is if one keystroke got you to the command line at all times... that would be helpful.

Forinstance, I use my floating command line tool (slickrun - http://www.bayden.com/slickrun/1033/SlickRunHelp.aspx ) for various things. I know that Windows Key + Q .. and then p <enter>, brings up MS paint as a .jpg. It makes storing screengrabs super quick. printscreen (brings up Snagit ... select the area .. it copies to clipboard, paste it in MS paint ... save it to the networked drive ... done.

very fast.
  16. Graham

There's no command line .. it is just typing inside an encounter note.

17. Graham

<h2 style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R216B68 26 Nov 2009</h2><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - the second growth chart will print on the same chart as the first if they use the same form<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - macros.txt now recognizes <RX> <Vitals> <superbill> <vaccines> <family> <lock> <dx> <sx> <ticklers> <addresult>[/list]the latter will invoke GUI functions.<EX> brings up the detailed examination editor.
  18. Graham

<h2 class="editable" style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); background-position: 100% 0%">R216B70 26 Nov 2009</h2><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - Detects 64 bit Windows and will download the appropriate versions of gsview and gs<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - <EX> macro to bring up the examination editor[/list]since 32 bit programs can not read 64 bit registries, synapse.exe will look in the default location for installation of gsview64.exe and gswin32c.exe (64bit)If you install them to somewhere else it will not find them.
  19. Graham

There seems to be an issue with invoking the vitals this way .. an error occurs on saving. Investigating.

However, a long standing bug where you edit the tags and then try and print a consult, but it prints the latest consult regardless of what appears on screen, has been fixed.

Basically after updating the tags, Synapse would reload all the consults and then select the latest rather than the one you have visible on screen.
  20. Graham

Build 215 beta 65

When filing results in the dashboard view, the filing buttons don't become visible/active until the patient has been loaded. This is to stop too many instructions being sent to the server which can cause a disconnection. And so you don't confuse the current patient with the current result. The result itself remains visible though while this is happening.

A couple of new result types have been added.