Client 216 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Vista doesn't have sndrec32.exe ... so you should grab one from an XP PC. Not sure if it works on vista64 though. I just reformatted the only vista64 PC here to vista32.
  2. Graham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Imfdbf4ze8

Showing new methods available in the fax inbox. The metadata is obtained by OCR.
    <h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R216B32 7 Sept 2009[​IMG]</h2>
    <ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - Neurology class of investigations<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - clicking on a patient's surname in the fax metadata, and then the "?"button brings up the patient search[/list]
    <h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">
    </h2>
  3. qilin

qilin Member

Yeah finally! I see "office" listed too, my secretary will love you![:D]
  4. qilin

qilin Member

Copied the file from XP to system32 folder, I can run it, but Synapse still can't find it. Also, I can install and use Ghostscript and GSView under Vista x64 without problem, but Synapse says they are not installed. This Verify installation window becomes kind of annoying, is it possible to make it pop-up only once instead of everytime?
  5. qilin

qilin Member

Graham can you add "Neuropsychology" or "Neuropsych" or "Neuropsych/Cognitive" test to the neuro test list? It's for this test http://www.neurotrax.com/(I will be offering this to my patients soon), other cognitice assessments or formal neuropsychological tests. NCS and EMG can be combined since they are almost always done together, i.e. NCS/EMG.

6. Graham

Try copying it to the Synapse directory.

The installation verification is very important and also stops people from trying to use the gui before everything is loaded which will cause errors.

What is the registry setting for gs under w64?
  7. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Agreed. It's annoying and unhelpful. This information should be elsewhere.

If a delay is needed, there must be many other options to perform such tasks.
  8. Graham

Sure ... I can hide all the screens until it's ready so you won't see anything.

9. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

That'd be perfect. How about a nice Synapse logo or something ?
  10. Graham

11. Graham

[quote user="Jason"]
    That'd be perfect. How about a nice Synapse logo or something ?

[/quote]

I'd thought a nice black screen would be ideal.
  12. Graham

[quote user="qilin"]

Graham can you add "Neuropsychology" or "Neuropsych" or "Neuropsych/Cognitive" test to the neuro test list? It's for this test http://www.neurotrax.com/(I will be offering this to my patients soon), other cognitice assessments or formal neuropsychological tests. NCS and EMG can be combined since they are almost always done together, i.e. NCS/EMG.

[/quote]

This was always a candidate for user defined choices ... only 24 hours in day!
  13. Graham

<h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R216B33 9 Sept 2009[​IMG]</h2>
    <ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - restore of all files from S3<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - handling of missing images has now changed. A default gif image will be used<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - most labels using "Surname:"are changed to "Last Name:"<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - if it can not find gs, and gsview in the registry it will attempt to look for the 64 bit versions in the path[/list]
    <h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%"></h2>

This does need a fair bit of testing ... as a lot of code was changed.
  14. qilin

qilin Member

Does that include the database as well? How does it work, say in case of a corruption of the hard drive of the server, I can just run synapse server off another PC and restore S3 files?
    This does not work in my case since I did not use the default path, I installed on drive E:. Actually this does not bother me as long as gs works. Of the listed ones, I only use Ghostscript and GSview. I didn't install the others (Imagemagick, Skype, Lameand Jarnal)since I don't use them. That's why I found it annoying to have to close the pop up everytime.
  15. Graham

Shouldn't matter. It looks in your system path for the ":\gs\" string for ghostscript and I think ":\ghostgum\" for gsview. So, if you include them in the path, it will try and locate gswin64c.exe and gsview.exe.

You don't have to use Imagemagick, Skype, Lame, or Jarnal .. just install them. Skype is quite useful for sending the odd SMS ... though I've not tried the 64 bit versions if they exist.
  16. Graham

No, it doesn't include the database as well. As I pointed out to someone else who asked this exact question, you have to be running your database to recover your S3 files because the links are in your database!

Now, what happens if you do a database backup is that Synapse-server does the gbak thing, then uses 7zip to compress the database, and then uploads it to S3. To download it from S3 to a cloud based server is only a couple of mins. Another 15 mins to: decompress it, use gbak to restore it, and then setup the ODBC dsn. And then we are up and running on a new server.

The only S3 files you really need to restore are any images as PDFs and TIFFs should be downloaded from S3 by the Synapse client if the server reports that they are no longer present in the cache listener.
  17. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

My biggest concern about remr.fdb on EC2 server is how to back it up to S3 bucket, run an IBO query on it, and then upload and replace remr.fdb on EC2 with the updated remr.fdb. There is no way I can do that currently, Graham has to do any file overwriting or deleting on the EC2 server unless I missed something. I can update the synapse EC2 server from any synapse client as usual, and use the new S3-to-server cache-listener diff/copy function, however. Also, all my Rx fax ps/pdf files from my hylafax server are automatically copied to both S3 bucket and EC2, without invoking the new S3 diff/copy function at all, which is very cool.
  18. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I'm up to 700 fax Rx's now in my my Synapse infancy. How many files can cache-listener fit before performance is degraded, do you think? Linux file system has a reputation for being very reliable and fast, even with many thousands of files..... How is Vista vs Win7 vs WinXP? Any thoughts?
  19. Graham

Synapse doesn't use any directory utilities and accesses files directly. The file limit is4,294,967,295 files so if you get close to that limit, I'll work on a hashing algorithm to distribute the files over a second directory.
  20. Graham

Well, I already provide the facility to download the remr.fdb anytime you wish to do so. So, the only problem is if you want to update something and then upload the new remr.fdb.

And yes, that would require my intervention. It's possible that I could provide a way for this to be scripted .. and then the only thing that has to be done is to switch the odbc DSN to the new remr.fdb. And I guess that could be scripted as well .. I presume it's just a registry change.

Now if I had phpmyadmin .. ie. used php and mysql, it would be okay, but I don't use php and I don't use mysql!