Client 216 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

<h2>R216B1 2 June 2009
    </h2>
    • All the e-prescribing fields are now enabled ( but e-prescribing is yet to be done )
    • The IRC client used for online help is now a GUI client - which you can close down
    • You can log chat to a file ( see miscellaneous preferences )
    • There is now aProcedures editor. However, you can not currently reload them from a saved file.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

what is the IRC server address ?

3. Jason

4. Graham

<h2>R216B2 11 June 2009</h2>
    • New - the examination editor is now larger, and when you save the exam, it also updates the exam editor in the detailed mode
    • New- now prevents users from adding a vaccination with a manually added (non-existent ) lot number. Lot numbers must be selected from the table.
    • Bugfix - the status buttons were not being updated correctly ( were being shared by all the patients )
    <h2></h2>
  5. Jason

Wiki permission issue ?

Attached Files:

6. Jason

The Beta1 is accessible here.
  7. Graham

Yes, permissions issue ... seems I omitted you from the new beta tester group I had created.

Fixed now.
  8. Graham

Looks like the beta update mechanism was still pointing to an old file ... now fixed.
  9. Jason

Still downloading 60.2 for me.
  10. Graham

Try again ... the update mech was pointing to the old file, so I have put the update where the old file is [H]
  11. Jason

The credentials you supplied are not recognized. If you believe they are correct, contact compkarori at gmail for assistance.
  12. Graham

Curious ... the file pointed to doesn't need any credentials .. perhaps that's the issue.

Would you send me your password and I'll check it out.

13. Graham

<h2 class="editable">R216B4 15 June 2009[​IMG]</h2>
    • New - can now codify medications using the RxCUI from RxNorm. Requires B47 server.
    <h2 class="editable"></h2>

There's now a lookup function on the RxNorm screens that is supposed to show all the possible "Units of Measure" required for E-prescribing. I've added only 20 of them ...and will type in the other 100 or so when I get a chance.
  14. Graham

Something I didn't mention, but this version of synapse will check the environment for the default server, but thereafter will use the last server you accessed.

So, if you run two versions of Synapse eg. in different directories, each Synapse can now default to a different server ( after you tell it where to go for the first time ).

This setting will be lost with each new Synapse.exe as the data is stored with the binary.

15. Graham

<h2>R216B5 16 June 2009</h2>

• New - shortcut medications can now use the RxCUI
    • New - can choose either Rx name, or medication name from the RxNorm lookup

<h2></h2>

The latter means instead of using "Celebrex Oral Capsule" you can choose "celecoxib" from the RxNorm lookup. But doing it this way means you have lost the unit of measure from the prescription ... ie. it is no longer saying whether it is a tablet or capsule or injection etc. unless you also type that in.
  16. Graham

<h2>R216B6 16 June 2009</h2>

• New - the dispensing popup now attempts to interpret the sig in terms of doses and time periods

<h2></h2>

Have a play with this to see if it can correctly interpret the sig. If it can't, post the sig here so I can tweak the parser.
  17. Jason

But the RxCUI doesn't change ?

Attached Files:

18. Graham

No, you're just choosing a different variation on the name.

Although you are removing eg "Oral Capsule", the measure code of "AV" tells the pharmacist what it is ... ie. capsule and not injection etc.

19. Jason

Idea: MouseLess RXNorm selection and adding to Medication List

20. Jason

So when you said "Losing the Unit of Measure" you didn't mean losing the number of milligrams, etc.

So this Use RX / Use Drug is mostly for what displays on your Medication List and on the Printed Prescription.