Client 215 Betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Well, 214 final is now out .. so time to look at what is up for 215 betas!

2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

yea !

Attached Files:

3. Jason

Considering I had forgotten about this great version checker/downloader, Let's plan for Client 215 final to be in less than 2 months.

Attached Files:

4. qilin

qilin Member

After automated upgrade of the client, I got this message when trying to create local PDF, one other client does not have this problem:
  5. Jason

Hmmm. Graham will have to look into that.

The obvious workaround is copying your working synapse.exe to the PC which was upgraded. [:)]

6. Graham

The latest versions of Synapse try to discover the path to gswin32 in the registry instead of asking the user to setup the ghostscript path which was too tasking for a lot of people.

Are you using 64 bit software instead??

7. Graham

Qilin

Do you have something like this in your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GPL Ghostscript\8.63

and if so what is the value of the key GS_DLL ?

Does Synapse say that your installation passes when it does the verification on startup?

8. qilin

qilin Member

I am using 32 bit gswin32under vista 64, it was working after the most recent upgrade of the client
    No such item.
  9. Graham

So, presumably your verification of installation is complaining that ghostscript is not installed.

What is the registry setting for ghostscript in vista 64?

10. qilin

qilin Member

hmm, I don't see anything for ghostscript in the registry. So that's why the new client couldn't find it.

I tried to reinstall and the installation ended prematurally without adding into the registry. It was previous working because I have a dual boot system, with two OS pointing to the same program files folder, ghostscript was installed in windows XP as well. I will try to add the registry manually and see if it will fix the problem.
  11. Graham

I'm going to release a version that drops back to the previous method of using the system path if it can't find it in the registry.

12. Graham

<h3 style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h2.gif'); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 14pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R215B1 5 Mar 2009</h3><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">Drops back to using the system path if it can't find ghostscript in the windows registry.[/list]
  13. qilin

qilin Member

Tried manually adding the same from XP to the registry of vista 64, still not working. R215B1 works fine, thanks Graham :)
  14. Graham

Good to know that it now works.

But didn't the verification screen warn you that it couldn't find gswin32c.exe ??

15. qilin

qilin Member

The verification windows doesn't seem to be accurate with 64 bit OS, ghostscript and gsview were both working but none were found by the client. I remembered it's the same with 64 bit XP before I switched to vista.

One minor problem, after PDF was created, the URL is using 127.0.0.1:8002 adddress and internet explorer could not open the page, the port need to be changed to 8001?
  16. Graham

Hmm. Later versions of Synapse use Cheyenne web server on port 8002.

Can you check in task manager if Cheyenne is running ( it should be in system tray as icon ). Perhaps you're blocking it?

Try browssing to http://localhost:8002 and see if you get a 404 ...

17. Jason

Something weird happened today - a .doc file I tried to open in the patient's paperport directory tried to open in a browser and I got a 404 error with the custom 404 message.

18. Graham

Well that is weird. Synapse and Cheyenne don't really know anything about the paperport directory.
  19. qilin

qilin Member

[quote user="Graham"]

Hmm. Later versions of Synapse use Cheyenne web server on port 8002.

Can you check in task manager if Cheyenne is running ( it should be in system tray as icon ). Perhaps you're blocking it?

Try browssing to http://localhost:8002 and see if you get a 404 ...

[/quote]

Cheyenne is running on task bar. I don't think I am blocking it since it was working before this last client. When I change the port to 8001, page can display correctly. http://localhost:8002 gives "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message, not 404
  20. qilin

qilin Member

My last post got "Post Pending Moderation" agian.