Client 214 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

<h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R214B89 for Windows<a style="visibility: hidden; cursor: default; color: #0054a6" title="Edit section">[​IMG]</a></h2>

• New - No need now to fix the path for Ghostscript on installation
    Synapse now calls the ghostscript binary based upon the windows registry setting so that users do not have to configure the system path on installation.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Good idea. I've never figured out why some of my Ghostscript installs don't pass the checking algorithm at startup, but they do work. Just recently my Lab .pdf is showing up in the browser, not Ghostscript, but I like the look of the PDF in FireFox better anyway.

3. Graham

PDFs always have shown in the browser ...unless you didn't have the acrobat plugin installed.

4. Jason

I think it started with I switched that PC to Foxit PDF Reader/Editor.
  5. Graham

That would do it as there is no Foxit plugin.

Anyway test 89 and it it's okay ( there were some problems I introduced on searching for providers on the provider's tab, and the details tab ) ... we'll make this final 214.

6. Graham

<h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R214B90 for Windows<a style="visibility: hidden; cursor: default; color: #0054a6" title="Edit section">[​IMG]</a></h2>

• Bug fix - only allowed 10 characters in the date field for updating patient status
    I guess I wasn't counting well that night.
  7. Graham

I've had no bug reports come thru .. so this will go to 214 final ...
  8. Jason

[:D] Good !
  9. Graham

Spoke too soon ... searching for a provider who isn't found will produce an error report.

10. Graham

<h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R214B91 for Windows<a style="visibility: hidden; cursor: default; color: #0054a6" title="Edit section">[​IMG]</a></h2><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">Bug fix - searching for a non-existent provider no longer brings up an error dialog<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - the drug history now records amounts prescribed<li style="line-height: 1.25">New - FAXes now show in the print history who they were faxed to.[/list]
  11. Jason

[quote user="Jason"]

[quote user="Graham"]<h2 class="editable" style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/skins/common/icons/editor-h1.gif'); font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif; margin-bottom: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16pt; background-position: 100% 0%">R214B91 for Windows<a style="visibility: hidden; cursor: default; color: #0054a6" title="Edit section">[​IMG]</a></h2><ul style="margin-top: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc"><li style="line-height: 1.25">New - the drug history now records amounts prescribed<li style="line-height: 1.25">
    [/list][/quote]

Going forward or retroactively ?

Going forward I see.

For some reason the schedule (1 tab po od) is showing up in the Notes as well.

[/quote]
  12. Graham

Hmm. I'm not seeing that.

Explain exactly what you do and what happens.

13. Jason

See. jpg

Attached Files:

14. Graham

Oh .. yeah, that was intentional. For some reason last night I thought it would be a good idea.

But perhaps I don't need it there afterall
  15. Jason

So I take it that whatever is clicked on in the POPUP is what goes in the NOTES section.

Therefore if you change anything (manually, by typing it in) it will be inaccurate.

Q: is it possible if a user manually deletes the text in the script column, and prescribes the same drug again it could override the first script entry ? (The user must manually delete the original RX test though).

or would people ever want to RX the same drug twice on the same prescription ?
  16. Graham

Whatever is clicked on in the popup appears in the drug history. This happens right after the click.

if you manually type something in, it won't appear.

Even if you delete it from the script area, it will still appear.

Which is why I asked a while back, when is a drug actually prescribed? When it printed, faxed, or put into the script column. To make the drug history work, I've used the latter, but the insertion into the script column has to be by the popup.

The reason I was given that this was wanted was to look at controlled substances etc. So, use the popup always for those .. and you should be doing so as that drug should appear in the patient's list of medications.

17. Graham

Other EMRs don't have this issue because they don't allow you to manually prescribe a drug like this.

So, we can take away that facility if it makes it easier!
  18. Jason

What did you think of my suggestion to

(1) manually delete the text in the script box

(2) re-do the left click + popup click to "overwrite" the old RX in the database. (ie. if you prescribe a drug twice during a session, the second (or third) overwrites the previous ?)

19. Jason

Test Date format Error

- when I try toSynapse Importsomething, I am get this error message.

I don't know if this is related, but I think the HUNDREDs of documents my secretary scanned today ... all have today's date ! (not the correct date !)

Hmmmm.

Attached Files:

20. Graham

>(2) re-do the left click + popup click to "overwrite" the old RX in the database. (ie. if you prescribe a drug twice during a session, the second (or third) overwrites the previous ?)

It won't do that ... it'll just add it. You'll have to just use your sense when looking at the history.