Client 214 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

<h2 class="editable">R214B2 for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • More error trapping when the date of birth is centuries out - was causing math overflow
    • Batch printing mode ( Reports/Batch Print)
    • Needs Server R84B1

This allows you to select a date and person, and then show all the PDFs created that day. You can then grab them to your local spool directory and use whatever utility you like to batch print them.

So, this might be useful if you were elsewhere for the day, and then come back to your office to do all the printing.

Or, someone remotely can do your printing for you.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

A certain date and a certain doctor ? or patient ?
  3. Graham

All of the above.
  4. Graham

<h2>R214B3 for Windows</h2>
    • Graphs broke in the 213 release and are now fixed (Patient/Results/Numerical Results/Graph )
    <h2>
    </h2>
  5. Graham

<h2>R214B4 for Windows</h2>

• The mini-graphs can now all be printed from the graphs tab.
    • There can be up to 14 graphs per page and dates are in US format.
  6. Graham

<h2>R214B5 for Windows</h2>
    • Offers an alternative scatter plot instead of line graphs
    <h2>
    </h2>
  7. Graham

Here's an example of the scatter plots from one of my de-identified patients with psoriatic arthritis.

This represents data collected over the last 4 years.

8. Graham

<h2>R214B6 for Windows</h2>

• Improved routines for auto-recognition of scanned documents
    • Moves files to a recognized directory renamed them as follows: surname_firstname_id_testdate_filename

This takes a directory of scanned forms in pdf format, and applies a set of user constructed rules to recognize the forms .. and then moves those into the recognized directory, and those unrecognized into the unrecognized directory.

Synapse should be left running alone on a dedicated PC for this purpose ie. not used as a Synapse client.

If you wish to test this out, please PM or email me and I'll set up an account for you on the OCR webservice.

You do require high quality de-skewed scans for this to work reliably. The OCR is pretty impressive and I was able to achieve 100% recognition of a set of forms. Ghostscript is needed.
  9. Graham

<h2>R214B7 for Windows</h2>

• Double clicking on a drug to remove it caused an error when you answered in the affirmative - now fixed
  10. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

With larger sized monitors there appears to be a large amount of unused space in the layout. Is it possible to have the option of drag and pull the consult / etc window

to the required size?

Attached Files:

11. Jason

That's a very large monitor. Graham has methods of accommodating different sized monitors, but yours seems so large it might not be possible. I certainly don't suggest monitors that size. Decrease your screen resolution ! Alternatively, don't maximize the Synapse window - keep it as it's native size. If it is too small in it's native (non-maximized) state, decrease your screen resolution.

Essentially no without very large modifications.
  12. Jason

I couldn't bear using a computer with just one monitor anymore. Dual monitors, not 1 big one, is the way to go

For synapse workstations, I suggest a video card with two video outs ($50) and two 17 or 19 inch monitors, I usually suggest square monitors, but Wide screen flipped over might be interesting so that a 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper displays well.

13. Graham

Looks like a bug. Try R214B9 to see if that resizes.
  14. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]
    Looks like a bug. Try R214B9 to see if that resizes.

[/quote]

It's been like that for years :)
  15. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

R214B9 occupies the full frame of the 24 inch monitor (part of Dell 420XPS offer in USA). Will send the pics later.
  16. Graham

<h2>R214B10 for Windows</h2>
    • Moving a current drug to old froze the client

( right click on a current drug to get the option to move to old )
  17. Graham

Actually it looks as though I have left some debugging code behind .. so unless you need it ... please wait for next beta.

18. Graham

<h2>R214B11 for Windows</h2>

• Prefixing a search for a drug with ! in the Manage Medications applet brings up a favorites manager
    • Text replacement of ", he" is no longer changed to ". He" when saving a consult

this is a trial of the interface and is not final. In this version the favorites are saved to the local drive... in the final version they will be saved to server.
  19. Graham

Linux 214 beta-11 is now up.

20. Graham

Note that if you have enough screen space, you can leave the function window floating somewhere on your desktop ...

This means that you can access functions without having to resort to remembering function key assignments.