Client 211 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

R211B20

1. Improved error messages when adding in scanned results
    2. Login status now shows the number of files in your scan directory ( if setup)
    3. Add results has 2 new arrows to indicate high or low result

2. Graham

R211B22

1. Trapped some GUI errors when using the SOAP mode for consults

3. Graham

R211B24
    1. Saves part of the working state if a network disconnection occurs
    2. Offers to restore the state if a synapse-state.r file is found
    3. Future dated investigations were not being printed with the future date in postscript templates - fixed

Network disconnections are one of life's inevitabilities, and this build aims to mitigate any data loss.

So, try this
    1. Start up a new consult with your test patient
    2. Enter some text in each of the 4 fields in SOAP mode, or just use the full screen mode, but do not save the text
    3. Pull out your network cable to create a network disconnect
    4. You will get a message that you have been disconnected from the server and that state has been saved
    5. Now reconnect your network cable
    6. Restart Synapse, and you will be asked if you wish to use the saved state it has found
    7. Answer yes
    8. Go to the consult, and edit it ... and your text should reappear!
  4. Graham

R211B25

1. Removes the now unused LaTeX templates, and print options
    2. There is a new chickenfoot trigger on the patient's email field that allows you to run web mail eg. Gmail to that patient
    3. The SOAP fields now have a background image to indicate which field is which

5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

:)

Attached Files:

6. Graham

R211B26

1. The result type popup has been moved to a permanent table on the Add Results window
    2. These can be customized in Settings/User/Pport&Scans ( use right click to remove a default value )
    3. The new default for lab results is now "lab result - scanned"

7. Jason

the [Add Filename] function only adds the last part of the filename until the first space it encounters.

Lastname, Firstname - labs diabetes under control 2007.pdf

in this case it will add just: 2007
  8. Graham

R211B27

1. The result type table on the Add Results window was not always appearing correctly - fixed
    2. The add filename on the same window did not work correctly when there were spaces in the filename - fixed
    3. The radio-groups in the Manage Medication popup now clear when a new medication is added.

9. Graham

R211B28

1. Printing any of the request templates would cause an error as they referred to now deleted LaTeX templates
    2. State is now saved each time the error alert appears.
  10. Graham

R211B29

1. If a GUI template is altered, you no longer need to restart the client to see the changes in the altered template.
  11. Graham

R211B30

1. If a postscript printer template is altered, you no longer need to
      restart the client to see the changes in the altered template.
    You may still have to restart though if you wish to see template changes made by other people.
  12. Graham

Unless some urgent tweak is needed ... beta 30 will go gold tonight!
  13. qilin

qilin Member

The new client now doesn't allow receptionists to access the result and consult part. They need to print out consult and file scans.
  14. Jason

Change the receptionist's login to an MD. That is what I did for my secretary.
  15. Graham

[quote user="Jason"]
    Change the receptionist's login to an MD. That is what I did for my secretary.

[/quote]

I don't think that this is a good solution but it is a temporary work round. The new security had to be enforced at some time or other, and if you need your secretaries to do this, then we need to refine the security model. Secretaries should not normally have access to clinical content.

The other way to print out consults is to use the "?" at the top right of the screen, which brings up all the popup functions. You can then access the print history for a patient and print out any consult that you have already printed.
  16. qilin

qilin Member

The old security level worked better for me. If they can access print history, they are accessing clinical content anyway. And, I can't do filing of all the scans. Like paper chart system, you will let them open the letters and put test results in chart - they do have access to clinical content. But you limit their priviledge so they can't edit and alter anything, plus all the changes are tracked anyway.
  17. Graham

With this new method of using the print history, we now have an audit trail of who views what. So if a secretary accesses content she should not, then it will be recorded. So, there is a difference.

What do you mean "filing of all the scans" ? I'm don't see how the new security interferes with that.
  18. qilin

qilin Member

They can't access the result tab to add new scanned results
  19. Graham

Did you try the "Add Results" popup ( also accessible from the "?" button top right ) ?
  20. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

This issue was discussed in detail before the enforcement of "rights". Anyone who has Admin status will be able to do everything. The simple solution would be to give the secretary admin status. Vice versa is however not possible therefore the provision of restricted access is also necessary