Client 194 beta

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

beta-5

In the Custom/Templates tab, there is a new button "Personalize" which allows you to select the templates you want to use in the encounter screen.

This means you can filter out broken templates and others that are not relevant to your practice.

2. Graham

beta-6

Start of some HMGs. You will be able to add your own, but during the testing phase, I will hard code them in.

The first one is ...

"Sex female Age greaterthan 49 Age lessthan 71 Result Mammogram CPT [ 76090 76091 76092 76082 76083 ] HCPCS [ G0202 G0204 G0206 ] period lessthan 2"

"Mammogram in women 50 - 70"

The top most row of tabs, has a new HMG tab at the right.

HMGs are rule based ... in a DSL or domain specific language.

The one above means - females between age 50 - 70 need a mammogram every two years. The test is also satisfied if a test result of CPT - block of valid CPT codes follows, or HCPCS block of valid codes again.

If the patient needs the HMG, then it will show in a new table under the templates in the consult editor.

3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

how are the CPT codes used ?

I don't know CPT codes.

How the HMGs are satisfied is important. ie. I have to be able to satisfy them quickly from my inbox.

If a pap smear comes up, I need to be able to have boxes below the metadata to satisfy the HMG.
  4. Graham

I'll probably remove CPT codes.

This is how it goes

When a result comes in, the person who adds it specifies what type of result it is.

These result types are used to satisfy the HMG. So, if a user adds "Mammogram" result, that will satisfy the Mammogram HMG.

Other types of HMGs that require bloods - such as HbA1c will be based on LOINC codes.

So, there's no need for you to physically click on anything to say that the HMG is satisfied.

This will be fleshed out as we get some HMGs in and see how it pans out.

5. Graham

beta-7 is now up.

It includes examples of all types of HMGs.

6. Graham

I have now removed CPTs as these are charge codes, and don't fit usefully for the HMGs yet.

As mentioned elsewhere, these HMGs are currently hard coded. I want to see the range of HMGs required, modify the dialect accordingly, and once that is finalised, allow users to write their own HMGs. And also filter out HMGs that they do not wish to apply.

7. Graham

If no one has found any gotchas, I'll release this as build 194.