Cash only accounting

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

For those who run cash only practices, like mine, I'd like to add some accounting features. So, for a start I am going to link up with Kashflow's API see http://www.kashflow.com/api.asp ( US$19/month )

If I find that I don't need full featured reporting, and all the other stuff that accounts packages include, I may just include this minimal functionality inside Synapse rather than externally hosting it.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Hey I run a no cash practice.
    I don't charge for anything.
  3. Graham

Can now post invoices with multiple line items ( CPT codes ).
  4. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Are you going to link the existing HCFA 1500 form in Synapse to the new accounting function, so a patient could still submit a billing form and get reimbursed? Just a superbill wouldn't work for that purpose.
  5. Graham

I hadn't planned on that. Perhaps in the future once I've nailed the API and made it a bit more transparent.
  6. Graham

I'm not sure how linking would work. Can't you just print out the hcfa1500 to give to them and also print out an invoice as well?

Printing Invoices now works .. once you submit an invoice, it takes your browser to the just generated invoice on kashflow's site. Granted I could do this in Synapse but I don't want to write a full featured accounting package.
  7. Graham

Can now accept payments for invoices ... likely to release this today.
    Later on add a way to enter the CPT charges automatically.
  8. Graham

Kashflow Integration

* Configure at Settings/User/Accounting - with Currency ( USD, NZD etc ), sales or GST rate, userid and password
    * On the Appts tab, you can now add a patient to the Kashflow. If you add the patient twice you'll just get an error
    * New tab on Patients/Details/Kashflow - You can add the patient here as well. List transactions, Re-print invoices, Accept payments
    * Reports/Kashflow - list unpaid invoices and batch print unpaid invoices
    * You create a Kashflow from the Superbill applet .. assign visit level and all the cpt codes to diagnoses as normal and then click the "Kashflow Invoice"

There's a free 60 day trial of Kashflow .. I have no affiliation with them except as a customer for a week!
  9. Graham

What would people prefer - a table of charges which is shared via dropbox, or to save the charges per CPT code on their server?
  10. Graham

Can now accept payments from the Appts tab, and if you insert an invoice when the patient is not yet added to Kashflow, it offers to add the patient.

And there is now an option to send the new invoice directly to the default printer.
  11. Graham

List Unpaid Invoices .. the API does not give you who the patient is, only their patient id, so I've had to write a support function to query the database for the patient name.