Audit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed that past encounters and just about any data can be changed by a user without having to enter any sort of "sign-off" Is there a way to lock/prevent data changes for past encounters or does the system track all changes? I know this is a requirement in the US for HIPAA and HHS Compliance.

I may also just be doing something incorrectly.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Hi A.

You're doing nothing incorrect .. but at the list of encounters, near the top right of the screen is a button [Versions] which lists all versions of that document. So, we satisfy HIPAA by having an audit trail of all document changes.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

The document versioning of the "CONSULTS" section is very powerful. I have a special "consult" I call immunizations .. and I put the adult patient's immunizations in the same note each time. There is a version trail, if I ever needed to produce one.

4. samlock

samlock New Member

I see the VERSIONS.

But, when I make some changes, the new entry under Versions has correct time, but the original Consult date, instead of todays date

5. Graham

Yes, that is correct. The [versions] list shows you prior versions ... not the one you have just edited. The current version shows you a changed time and date.
  6. Graham

Yes, that is correct. The [versions] list shows you prior versions ... not the one you have just edited. The current version shows you a changed time and date.