A typical visit Documentation Video for you viewing pleasure.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Here is my first synapse video. It's mostly a "run through" video showing how some of the Tabs work and how the GUI works. Ignore my trembly voice I was nervous. [:)]

http://www.hsonet.org/strepthroat8.htm
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very good. However, amoxicillin was stopped before for a rash (as shown prior of printing the RX). The program should have alerted you to that fact. If this allergy had been included in the allergies tab, would the program have alerted you?

DrO
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I would say no you wouldn't get a warning. Graham would have to confirm that. I don't believe the new drug interaction checking would also check against allergies ... interesting idea though.

Before Synapse I just asked the patients if they had any allergies. Now I type them in .. check it before I RX anything ... AND .. double check with the patient. Of course now I look smarter as tell the patient the drug allergies I have on file ... but I still get them to confirm the drug allergies .. or lack thereof.

I'm not to concerned if Synapse lacks the allergy warnings. 1) the pharmacy checks anyway. 2) on paper I never had warnings 3) I ask the patient anyway.

Integrating a FULL BLOWN drug database (ie. First Data Bank - http://www.firstdatabank.com/) would cost money but it would do things like allergy checking. I think there would be some benefits to an integrated commercial drug database ... but I don't feel that I would want it - at least for now.

I just check for the allergies ... except during online demos.

4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Synapse EMR warns you if you attempt to prescribe a drug that is on the allergy or discontinued list.

But it is also in your face showing you the allergies as you prescribe ...