When I am in the INBOX reviewing a result on a patient ... what information is available (ie. in mem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

It seems most information on a patient is instantaneously available (without queries) .. is it all available ?

ie. meds, diagnoses, surgeries, demographics, pharmacy, etc. etc. is all available.

what about the entire Results Tab : ie all Text Results and Numerical Results ?

ie .. not that I am suggesting it but could a "Results" popup be possible where all the past results information could be looked at while reviewing the current result ?

- is there a short story on what information is available instantaneously (without a query ?)
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Yes, all of the patient's data loads when you switch to a new patient.

And yes, for me, since I use HL7, all the old results are available at the time of looking at new results.
  3. Jason

Can I see a screenshot of this ?
  4. Graham

Perhaps I misunderstood you.

When I look at a HL7 result for a patient, that patient is now current. That means I can pull up graphs on results easily enough ... whereas if you don't use HL7 or discrete values, you can't.
  5. Jason

I was just hoping to see the new Dashboard and how it displays Numeric Results.

I never seen those screens as all my stuff is scans.

I keep adding INRs but it doesnt seem to work. I'll try adding the results from my secretary's login.
  6. Jason

It's a bug? When my secretary adds a new "Numerical Result" ie. an INR, it doesn't end up in my INBOX. It goes straight to results.

As well, often you cannot use the [OK] button to close the screen. it says .... "Result Added" but you must use the [X] at the top right of the window to close the window.
  7. Graham

I don't know how it works with your situation, but here, non-medical staff are not permitted to give out lab results by phone. They must be faxed.

So, the assumption is that anyone entering results like this is a clinician who doesn't want to see the results again in their inbox ... and they've already seen the scanned result.

8. Graham

Actually I wouldn't mind being able to see trended HL7 data in the inbox ... have to see if it's worth my effort to do this.
  9. Jason

My secretary sees all the lab work and is allowed to give out any information about a patient's tests.

I was thinking of getting her to type in my INRs so I dont have to use paper (We have a paper INR book).
  10. Graham

You can still do that but since you will be signing off on the scanned image, why do you wish to look at it twice?

HL7 results are different - they go to the inbox because there's no paper version to view.
  11. Jason

It's not a priority. I keep the INR sheet in their own book and don't scan them.