Web services

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graham, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

welll. ... it did
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Occasionally I find you do have to do a manual refresh on the web page to fire the trigger.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

It is looking for the page here ...

http://127.0.0.1:8001/searchphone.html

Where should I put searchphone.html

I thought chickfoot liked .js files ?

4. Graham

The searchphone.html file is dynamically generated by Synapse EMR.

You just tell Chickenfoot to trigger your "search for phone script" on this page only.

chickenfoot runs inside the browser .. and is a javascript superset.

I'm not too familiar with it as the docs are sparse ...
  5. Graham

Web services via Chickenfoot and Firefox

Synapse EMR 193 betas now have the facility to allow users to run user scripts against web pages that are generated by Synapse.

These pages will always have the same name, so this allows the user to specify a particular chickenfoot trigger ( a chickenscript ) to run.

The pages will contain sufficient information for you to run a trigger to cause a specific action relevant to that page's intent.

So, a searchdrug.html page contains the drug name.

A searchphone.html page contains name and address details which should suit most web pages that offer searching for phone numbers.
  6. Graham

This is an unexpected benefit of Chickenfoot.

One of my lab vendors has a web interface to allow me to view historical results. But after a period of inactivity, they log me out .. and so I have to login all the time during the day.

With a chickenfoot script on their login page .. as soon as they login me out taking me to their login page, my chickenfoot script kicks in, and logs me back in again!
  7. Graham

There was an update to chickenfoot released yesterday. Your browser should have downloaded it automatically.

Apparently it now is able to trigger a script when firefox starts up. Before it would only trigger a script when firefox was already resident.

There's also a new scripting dialect they are using.