Vaccininations

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, May 18, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

At some stage I will be implementing the facility to track immunizations. Although the current method which uses a tagged encounter field to track vaccinations is likely good enough for most people, others need to do recalls, or report to govt for P4P purposes.

So, I need so input here as to what data needs to be collected.
  2. Graham

Note that this is not limited to children ... young adults for meningococal disease, HPV, flu etc.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I've tracked immunizations for a long time by having a "Consult" called "Vaccinations" - and I just update it as it goes. I always know where to look for my patient's immunization information. I also like that there is a version history ... so it is a legally defensible record. I do put the date beside the immunizations with my autohotkey script.

4. Graham

Google health seems to have a comprehensive list of vaccinations I can use [:D]
  5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Are you talking about making a Vaccinations Tab ? Where would it go ?

or a special Vaccinations "consult" ?

I feel there is a need for "Special Consults" (like my use of a Vaccinations Consult).

For a Vaccination "consult" to work well as a place to store Vaccination information the following would be helpful.

(1) allow read/write access via a popup. This would be very useful. Note: this means you would be able to access this vaccination information from either the consult editor or a popup.

(2) easy insertion of this special consult into notes (ie. via Insert Text, etc.)