Vaccination popup

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Should a DIN be recordable in the CPT code area ?

or it's own Area ?

Do American Immunizations have DIN numbers ? I assume so.

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

CPT codes are 5 characters long.
  3. Graham

A movie showing the new vaccination module in action.
  4. Jason

If you only save 5 characters, I would only allow 5 to be entered.
  5. Graham

DIN numbers appear to be somewhat different use from CVX numbers. Do you get a new DIN number for each new flu vaccine each year?

Are you tracking them now? Is there a need to track them in the future?

The CPT code is invariant for a particular vaccine. So, even if you changed the field width in the database to allow more than 5 characters to be stored, it won't help in recording this data.
  6. Graham

/forums/<a mce_thref=[​IMG]"

Alternate way of looking at vaccinations. Define various schedules that will be used by the practice.

Then later on, you should be able to print a schedule for the child that shows future dates for various vaccinations.

7. Graham

8. Graham

PS: I changed the gender of the demo patient so that the HPV vaccinations would display.

9. Jason

Looks Good.

I've always been perplexed about how to present vaccine data in a easily readable format.

I've never liked any presentation.

The time between shots often determines if the schedule is followed properly, but I've never seen a program be able to easily produce that data.

I guess some Bean Counters at public health do that on their PCs.

Certainly being able to Toggle between (1) chronological order of shots and (2) sorted by shots is helpful.

10. Graham

I guess the real difficulties occur when people slip behind and you have to calculate a new schedule for them.

So, what one needs is a spreadsheet that one can plug rules into.
  11. Jason

Current Vaccinations : Add Lot number,etc.

Attached Files:

12. Jason

Suggested version.

The vast majority of the time the [Use] button will be what is selected.

Perhaps replacing the [Add new Lot] with one [Edit] button can bring up the current version (with Update, Add New Lot, etc..)

Attached Files:

13. Jason

Actually the entire green popup can be made redundant by allowing repeated click on the [Last Lot] button to cycle through the available Lot numbers.

Why not reserve the green popup as it is for if you RIGHT click on an immunization in the left hand panel ?

I'll make a mockup.

14. Jason

Less clicking.

With the Unknown option for adding immunizations with less than 100% of the vaccine information.

Attached Files:

15. Graham

The vaccination popup has been optimized for keyboard use. It looks to me as though your suggestions would kill the keyboard driven aspect.

click on the vaccine at left, and then use the keyboard thereafter to navigate.

Use "t" in the "Date given" field to get today's date ...and the consent check is there to remind people that they must consent the person/parent first.
  16. Graham

In the original design the vaccination popup would use the last lot # ... can't recall why it was changed.

But I can imagine that if you have multiple offices ... and it's vaccination day, then not everyone would be using the same lot #.