Tracking prescriptions

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

currently Synapse uses tags to track the saved prescription data, and also tracks when drugs were stopped/started

To track prescribing amounts, one way would be to block the ability to type into the prescribing area, and only allow the applet to add or write drugs. But then there are problems with when you click on a drug to prescribe it, and then the patient says that they no longer need it.

Or, we could allow you to still type into the prescribing area, but we check against what you have clicked and flag a tracking error if a drug you clicked on is no longer in the list.

If someone wants to get round it, we can't stop it if we allow users to type into the prescription area .. this is a mechanism just for tracking what is prescribed.

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Graham,

Unless I missed something, Medication History currently does not display quantity. Can this be changed in settings or something? It's fine with me that using the popup applet to add the quantity is required for the quantity to display in Medication History.
  3. Graham

I'm going to put on hold any changes here until I see what the requirements for e-prescribing are ... and merge them.

There's a threat that will invalidate any faxed prescriptions for medicare patients from april 2009.
  4. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

It's very handy typing in the prescription window. ie. sending messages to the pharmacist.

ie. This patient will need a demonstration how to use Symbicort puffer.
  5. Graham

Correct and something that will be corrected once I start on eprescribing.