synapse.side.bar.renaming ?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jason, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

should the titles on the synapse side bar be renamed ?

Is the refreshing of the "Persistent" list only done at startup ?

Attached Files:

2. Jason

Q: what would be the prospects of "refreshing" ?

What about an "urgent" ? list where my secretary could put a patient there for quicker review ?

Maybe that is best done via the CHAT client.

3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Patients are moved from cache to persistent by using the right mouse click on the cache patient. It's instant.
  4. Jason

I know. [:D]

When I add a patient to the Persistent List while in room1, I walk over to room2 and that patient isn't in the Persistent list.
  5. Graham

Ahh.. that's a different issue.

It's more of a design decision. Should all clients opened by the same user, or different users looking at the same patient, try and synchronise content? I decided no, and made only the waiting room something that updates across the network.

So, say you are working on patient 1 in room1, and then go to room2 then you will only see any changes for patient1 if they have been saved, and if you reopen up that patient. If you already have that patient on screen in room2, you won't see any changes.
  6. Jason

How / Why do you use "the persistent" section ?

Do you only use Synapse on one computer ?

7. Graham

Yes, I only use one PC - my laptop, and I use the persistent table to remind to do things for those listed patients.
  8. Jason

Ahh ... now I see why the persistent patients on one computer don't spread to the other clients.

Definitely Synapse needs a more robust multi-user TODO management.

I often dont have time to generate referral letters while I am seeing the patient. I do it at lunch, or after work or after 12 hours of synapse :)

I would like to easily flag a patient as "work to do".

My secretary should be able to see it as well.

Eventually it'd be nice if there was a "Referral Management" tab in Synapse, and that the inital entry could be "To Do", then Sent, then waiting, then, date given, then "called patient". all having dates (and probably WHO did it) Doctors like to keep track of their employees. :)
  9. Graham

Well, if you put these patients into persistent and restart your client elsewhere, you will update the persistent table.

Do I really want to ask all the clients to update their persistent table because one client does this? I think not.

Maybe I can add a refresh button on the persistent table.
  10. Graham

Build 186 beta-1 provides a refresh button, and renames the Persistent table to "Review List" which satisfies your requests [H]