Structured social history

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

It has been suggested that it might be better for some users to have a more structured input for the social/family history than the current tabula rasa approach.

So, could we have suggestions on what fields people want for this ... or should we stick with what we are doing now?

2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Some Structure would be helpful. Some parts of the traditional "Social History" are actually some of the most important parts of the patient's medical status - ie smoking and drinking !

For the record, we already have part of the Social History in a data structure: occupation.
  3. Graham

Well after 3 years there have been no suggestions!

So, here is the new social history in the detailed editor

[​IMG]

4. Jason

Family History - as a rebol object.

Attached Files:

5. Jason

I see the Social Tab has structure as well now.

In North America, de-facto is called Common Law. Pets might go in the free Text Area ?

When outputting this information in a referral ... what does it look like ?

Attached Files:

6. Jason

Some ideas.

Attached Files:

7. Graham

the reason that these pets appear as discrete choices is because

1. dogs increase exercise levels

2. parrots are possible sources of psitticosis

3. cats ( well, I'm not discriminating against cats! And I've never seen any cases of cat scratch fever )

8. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

There's a bunch of other stuff that I've seen some EMR's add based on various US studies, such as "Use of child car seats", "Use of seat belts" and other things. In my opinion, this is just too much minutiae for the doc to roll through at exam, but if the patient wants to add all this stuff themselves by accessing their record with synapse patient portal, that would be fine with me.