Spread Rebol

Discussion in 'Rebol' started by MaxV, Jun 10, 2010.

1. MaxV

MaxV Member

Hi all,
    I was thinking to make a presentation with Google docs or Slideshare to show and explain the power of Rebol to absolute beginners all over the world.
    Which topics do you suggest? :confused:
  2. Noteleks

Noteleks New Member

Databases would be great. How to connect to the MySQL database using the driver. Maybe some of the details of making a database with REBOL. Thank you.
  3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Absolutely simple things such as reading an email, a web page, how to do a simple form with buttons.

Things that one can understand without knowing the language, and yet appreciate how much one can do is very few lines of code.
  4. MaxV

MaxV Member

Ok, so something like (each point is a slide):
    • Rebol: site, where download
    • size: it's small but powerfull
    • basic feautore of all languages
    • auto recognize type of variable
    • Form and buttons
    • graphic (DRAW)
    • reading an email
    • reading a web page
    • FTP
    • Databases
    • 3D

What do you think?
    Other suggestions?
    Do you want to change order?
  5. notchent

notchent Member

6. notchent

notchent Member

It's important to communicate the productivity benefits of REBOL. There are other more powerful and versatile development tools,those which produce shinier UIs,those which are more easily or deeply connected to OS APIs or other particular technology interfaces, etc . But in a huge variety of application development circumstances, REBOL completely bypasses the goals of other development tools by eliminating the need to connect to a huge stack of disparate libraries and data interfaces. For so many needs, REBOL has everything built in: useful networking protocols, data formats, GUI and graphics rendering, Parse, CGI, help, etc., the interpreter is tiny and multiplatform, and the language design ties all these things together easily. A single ubiquitous data structure to hold every type of data adds to REBOL's productivity in a huge way. It's how all of REBOL's built in features work together, with an unusually elegant language design, which makes it so productive. REBOL excels at accomplishing goals quickly and easily - in most cases, I can write working REBOL code faster than I could write a pseudo code outline for any project idea.
  7. MaxV

MaxV Member

8. notchent

notchent Member

9. notchent

notchent Member

I updated the example file to show more features :)
  10. MaxV

MaxV Member