Snappy Fax

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software Tips and Suggestions' started by vtpaindoc, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: Snappy Fax and Hylafax

The latest versions of the scripts add userid/password protection and protect from one fax overwriting another.

2. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

OK. So what scripts? What exactly does Cheyenne do? Faxing for me is not as intuitive in Synapse. Splain me please.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Hi VT, how are you faxing now ?
  4. Graham

[​IMG]
  5. Jason

I think based on your outline .... the PCs just need the 1 license copy of Snappy Fax. (ie. Not Server). Correct ?

6. Graham

Yes, that's my recollection. The $19 version works fine because there is only one client ... which in this case is the Cheyenne web server fax folder.
  7. Graham

1. Go here and follow the instructionshttp://compkarori.no-ip.biz:8090/Fax_Server

2. Get the snappyfax.rsp file fromhttp://www.compkarori.co.nz/showpost.php?p=41&postcount=19and save it in the www directory ( same place where put.rsp is ). Edit the valid-users block to use your own userid and password. Start the Cheyenne service and confirm it works

3. Point Synapse Settings/Fax to the http://<snappy/cheyenne PC ip address>:8080/snappyfax.rsp

and you're done.
  8. vtpaindoc

vtpaindoc New Member

i'll attack this later. Thank you Graham.
  9. Graham

Here's the updated diagram showing that home users and satellite users can continue to use the same solution

[​IMG]
  10. Jason

Holy Crap it looks like Kreb's cycle.

[:)] Can't wait to try it.

Must admit my Snappy Fax works great already, spare a few "Won't connects".
  11. Graham

There's no cycle .. it's a one way path.

This path is processor dependent and can be enhanced with a faster network and faster cpu on the fax server side.
  12. Jason

SnappyFax accepts the following file formats for "Automatic Faxing".

=== From the Program =====

You can watch a maximum of 10 folders. When a new file is added to a watch folder, snappy fax will
    automatically convert the file to fax format and fax to the recipient. The recipient information is obtained by
    parsing the file name and you should name your file according to the following rules:

The filename should be in the form:

RecipientName_FaxNumber_Routing_UseCoverPage_FaxTitle.tif

RecipientName: The name of the person to whom the fax is to be sent
    FaxNumber: The fax number or an email address
    Routing: Can be: R for regular fax, S for submit to fax server, or E for send via email
    UseCoverPage: Can be Y or N (yes or no)
    FaxTitle: The title for the cover page if one is used.

Note that the parts must be separated by an underscore character.

Examples:

Ralph Smith_7709877765_R_N.doc
    Ralph Smith_rsmith@earthlink.net_E_N.doc
    Ralph Smith_7709877765_S_Y_MonthlyInvoice.doc

If a cover page is to be sent, the default cover page in snappy fax's settings will be used. If no default
    cover page has been defined, no cover will be sent.

Any files added to the watch folder that do not conform to this naming convention will be ignored.

If a file in the watch folder is renamed to a name conforming to this naming convention, it will be treated as
    an added file.

The following file types are supported: .txt, .rtf, .tif, .bmp, .jpg, .dcx, .pcx, .pdf, .doc and .xls
    Word and Excel must be installed to support .doc and .xls file.

13. Graham

I've added a fax applet so that you can fax a file, or just fax some text.

Of course it depends on what fax server you are running to see whether it will accept that format ... so don't expect to be able to fax a Word document on HylaFAX, and don't expect to be able to fax a Postscript document on Snappy Fax.

14. Jason

Way Cool [:)]

One thing I would like to do ... in consult notes a consultant will often request information .... "I am unsure what her last Bone Density was .... could you send this to me ?".

I want to be able send them information quickly (via fax).
  15. Graham

I would probably add a [FAX] button on the Patients/Results/Text Results tab ... this would then fax a result to someone.