Result uploaded to server but does not appear in patient's Results list

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by qilin, May 4, 2009.

1. qilin

qilin Member

My secretary complained to me about this before. This happened to me today. Immediately after uploading a file, without closing Add Result Window, I clicked (tried double click too, same problem) the patient's name in Cache list in Add Result Window and uploaded another file. Second file uploaded successfully (verified on server, local file was deleted by the client); however, it did not appear in patient's result list. I noticed clicking on the name in cache list in Add Result Window actually does not activate the patient; the name field on top of the window remain blank, but Synapse took the upload without an error message. Clicking a defferent patient's name and click this patient's name again will activate the patient and uploaded file will then appear correctly in Results list. Problem of this bug is that I set to delete the local file after successful uploading, I will have to go to the server to retrieve the file and re-upload. The secretary will have to remember which file is missing and let me know. Otherwise, the file will get lost in the thousands of files on the server.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

So, you're saying that if you select the existing patient from the cache in the add results window by mistake, Synapse doesn't actually re-select the same patient and allows the upload which is lost ....
  3. qilin

qilin Member

4. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

i think this has been happening to us for years.

will investigate
  5. Jason

I can confirm this bug.

The file does get transferred, but it gets filed under the previous patient (ie. the file is prefixed with the previous patient's synapse ID number), but with no entry in their Results.

I don't think this is the [Synapse Import] issue we have, or at least this isn't the usual one, as we don't often use the Patient Cache area so much.

6. Graham

Ok, a bug introduced by the optimization of *not* re-selecting the patient if the patient is also the current patient.

7. Graham

Ok, B49 should fix this bug.

8. Jason

Verified. Bug Fixed.
  9. qilin

qilin Member