Recording vital signs

Discussion in 'Documentation & Training Resources' started by Graham, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

The recording of Vital Signs is accessed by a function key. The particular function key depends on how your system is set up. See the "Settings" tab and then the "Function Keys" tab. I have the "Vitals" on F5 for my own system.

Inside a consult, press F5. You can type in the vitals, press the "Calc BMI" button, and then either insert the results into the current encounter, and save into the database, or just save into the database. Synapse EMR saves these results as numerical values which can be accessed in the Patients/Results/Numerical Results tab. As numerical results they can be graphed and reported upon.

Note that if you are entering data in lbs and ins, you have to use the <enter> key on those fields. This then puts the data into the metric fields for the BMI calculation to work.
  2. DrO

DrO New Member

Can you add another Vital Sign: %O2 or O2 Saturation? In USA it can be used as one of the vital signs required for billing.

Thanks,

DrO
  3. Graham

Sure. Does anyone need BSA as well?
  4. Graham

O2 saturation is now done in beta-5.

Please test ...
  5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

we need to standardize the Function Keys. They could be modifiable, but they should come preloaded with defaults.

Do they ?

My F5 is medications.

6. Graham

Next release I will implement a set of standard mappings which will be in place unless the user modifies them.

I think F1 - F3 are standard at present.
  7. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

This is what I have. F5 and F6 are my mainstays. I can adjust though. It's time to standardize for the future.

Attached Files: