Printing the detailed examination

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, May 16, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

The reason that Synapse keeps empty headers and prints them whereas you might want them suppressed is two fold.
    1. empty sections allow you to see what you missed doing
    2. the section headers allows Synapse to parse the text back into an object reconstituting all the assessments, drugs, codes etc. In other words, the full text acts almost like a structured document.

Now if you don't like the way Synapse prints out empty section headers, I will have to change the print out so that it suppresses them, or build a better parser so that it doesn't need the empty sections to recreate the consultation object.

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

My idea is to add a "Remove Blank Headers" button for use when the note is finished. I see the parser works like 2SOAP, and needs the headers to put the text in proper detailed view order during editing. Are the blank headers needed for anything once the note is complete?
  3. Graham

no, but Synapse has no way of deciding a note has been completed.

4. Jerry

Right, so that's why I was thinking to use a button that the user would click to remove blank headers when they decide the note is complete and ready to be "permanently" saved.
  5. Graham

I have a new save functiont that removes unused headers .. will see how that works out.

6. Jerry

I've been playing with detailed examination more and I like it. This should help, as I have to manually edit out the unused headers. Some observations:
    • I like the ability to generate a complete consult, noncontribs and all, but I rarely if ever use all of the headers all of the time for routine consults.
    • Detailed Examination editor lets me skip around in a consult by clicking on the headers (I tend to be a bit ADHD-- works for me), but at the same time organizes access to applets and macros for me in an efficient way.
  7. Graham

Try B56 which removes unused headers.