Printing a Medication List for patients

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Jason, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Just planting ideas here.

I have attached a .pdf file of a patient medication list that he got from when he was discharged from hospital.

I like it.

It has what the reason for taking the medication. It has directions for use. And I really like the chart that tells patients <u>when</u> to take the medications. Although not included on the list, I also like it when the colour and shape of the medication is on there as well as a place for patient notes.

I'd certainly like to be able to generate something like this one day.

I've always like the idea that the portal could be used as an ultra cool medication compliance tool. Maybe patients could make their own notes on the medcations, right in synapse. Just thinking out loud here.

:)

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Certainly something like this is desirable.

Most of the patients I see discharged from hospital have similar things. But then they get annotated with changes instead of being reprinted and they become a mess!!

3. Jason

This is still a good idea.

Being able to print a list that allows the patient to reconcile medications is important and a major time saver.

Workflow might be

Print a list of what YOU think the patient is taking.

Patient goes over the list and calls with discrepancies, or messages the portal, or emails.

Ideally the patient would have an up to date paper medication list.
  4. Graham

you can do that now

and i do it
  5. Jason

6. Graham

On the patient tab, click on "Docs" button, and then select "PS Current Medications".

You've done this before ...!!
  7. Jason

Oh yea.

#1) I think it's odd the DOCS button is only available on the Consults Tab.

#2) This is a great feature which should be available to the end user easily via the Medications Module (popup).

#3) There should also be a way to select a pharmacy from the Medications Popup.

8. Graham

1. Reconciliation occurs when you're seeing a patient ...what's odd about that?

2. Don't want endless options everywhere - the medication popup is already vvery full

3. There will be for e-prescribing.